m7206 Android 2.3 tablet, major problems - battery and wifi

jlickliter83

Dec 26, 2011
For christmas I recieved my first tablet. It's a m7206 running Android 2.3. The batttery dies after about 25 minutes of use because "cell standby" is using 80 percent of my battery. My wifi wont stay connected to my network at home for more than about 10 minutes. I am new to tablets but I have been reading a lot online and it looks like quite a few of these cheaply made tablets were shipped out for christmas. There are some good people working on fixing the bugs in the software of these tablets but I dont know where to start when it comes to changing the software on my tablet. Is anyone willing to talk to me about updating the software on my tablet through the SD? I would feel a lot more comfortable if I could backup what is on there now. Understanding exactly what it is that I am doing would be nice. What are the risks? Somebody help me! Thanks.

emacho

Sep 24, 2011
There are a few discussios and solutions going on over at HCH forums. Please make sure you read the threads and know your exact model. Some people are having success, while others are having issues. It worked for me on my m799ca, but as always do at your own risk.
Here is a good thead to start with.
ongoing tips and tricks thread m799ca/m7206