Mail app that comes with stock 7127

NewTabUser

Nov 22, 2011
I am still unrooted, so I am guessing my answer to this question may be in rooting my 7127 so I have more control of it. Either way, I'll mention this annoying issue...

I setup my yahoo mail account with the built-in mail app that comes with the 7127. What is extremely annoying is that I have no control over whether or not I want it open or not. In other words, if I handed my tablet to someone to try out a game let's say, they just have to tap the mail app and it goes right into my yahoo mail.... no password prompt.... just opens it right up. I've even tried to delete my password/username in the settings, and find that I can't! I even tried to use Advanced Task Manager to uninstall it (I tried to END process, to no avail too), and can't seem to get rid of it now.

Being new to the tablet world... I'm so used to having full control over whether or not I want a program opened up or not. I really don't like the way this mail app just keeps it on and doesn't allow me to logout of my account. It scares me to add on one of my other mail accounts... LOL.

Any recommendations?

NewTabUser

Nov 22, 2011
Pbrauer, thanks for the recommendation. I am unrooted, so I don't have access to Android Market yet, but I found something called Mobile Protector on Getjar... it also selectively locks apps... I'll try that when I get home.

My key question is... does App Protector keep the app closed until I decide to open it up?