Major Issues with the New WonderMedia wm 8650

Will the answers for the wm8650 fix the issues.

• Are many of the wm8650 have problems like this?

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Are wm8650 worth buying ?

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mackbailey

Dec 24, 2011
Ok well first of welcome everyone this is my first time on a forum. I just need some help here . I have received a brand new WonderMedia WM8650. And i open it up last night at my Christmas party with my Family and it blew me away i loved it and was very excited and was looking forward to haveing a ball with it today but here comes the issues . I got up this morning and turn on the wm8650 and it was fast loading up no problems then i moved a little bit and accidently unplugged the power cored and it shut off and i was like what in the world just happen well i plugged it back in and turn it back on for some reason it is saying its charging but its doing something wrong and I have tried since last night to get the Wifi to work and it just keeps saying unsuccessful time and time again and i have a wireless N in the house and everything else is working fine off of it and now the final issue im haveing with i couldnt get the sd card out of it for a bit but it finally came out and now it wont go back and click in place and it wont even read it Please anyone out there that can help me out please post what you can . By the way it was bought off of Ebay Brand new still in the box but my mom bought it for me back in september and Ebay said they couldnt do anything but as it was advertised it has a one year warranty and i just starting using it last night . If there is any one that can send me to the right web site that lead me to the manufactoer to solve this issue for there warranty i would appreciate it and including how to get the wifi to work so i can at least watch some tv or at least surf the web until i can find the right ppl to contact Thanks.

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Don't forget you have to insert the SD card with the tablet turned off, and then turn it on. It's not like your Windows computer where you can insert the card and read it.

"It's doing something wrong" doesn't help us help you. Please take a day or two and read through a lot of the forum for the 8650. Don't be in a rush to change anything. Learn what it and you can do. Then find out what it won't do. Play with it for a while. Make notes. Search the forum. Ask us an we will try to help, but you need to help yourself first so that you know how to describe issues to us.

Don't be in a hurry to install a new ROM. I bought mine specifically to play with it and do that, but I still took 4-5 weeks to experiment with what I could do with the stock ROM and research all the options and advice. Then I made the choice to bite the bullet, but I knew I was taking a chance on bricking the tablet. I was willing to take that chance and the responsibility of making my tablet useless. It worked out fine for me but I think that there was some luck and lots of research involved.

Have fun with it - that's what they are for.

rsalter1

Jan 4, 2012
Hi Mack, by now you have probably gotten the charging issue taken care of and perhaps the sd card issue as well. (as BCK told you) As to the WIFI, these tablets are very picky about connecting and staying connected. Take a short trip to McDonalds (or somewhere else with free OPEN wifi) and try the tablet there. That way you can determine if the problem is really with the tablet (Well, ok it IS with the tablet's limitations as to seeing the router.) or some tweeks you'll have to perform on the router. Many of the tablets can't connect, or won't stay connected if SSID is set to invisible, security is set to anything other then WEP, or the channel the router broadcasts on is not one the tablet likes. Good luck!

Last edited:

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Hi i had probs with wifi on802.11 bgn so i changed router settings to bg only,this worked for me.good luck

Sent from my WM8650 using Android Tablet Forum