making a tablet less like a phone

Feb 10, 2011
im posting this because im sure it will be helpful to others and myself
are there any ways to make a tablet more like a tablet computer and less like a phone without rooting the device? ive noticed that often times underdeveloped tablets tend to think they are phones but without 3g this slows the tablet and makes it function less efficient. what are some simple things other than rooting to make your tablet more like a computer and less like a phone.

daprospecta

Jun 16, 2011
That is a broad question. It really all depends on your tablet. If you have a coby 7022 like me then rooting is a must. If you buy a tablet that is good out the box(transformer, acer iconia, galaxy tab(so I've heard)) you wont need to root. Your tablet won't be a replacement for your pc. It will allow you to do things you can do on your pc while away like creating and editing docs, watching movies, email, some gaming, texting and chatting, etc.

amy822

May 20, 2011
Well...OS-wise: If you buy a Win 7 tablet, it's not like a phone; Appearance-wise: If you use a keyboard case with it, it won't look like a phone. LOL...

Jun 29, 2011
That is a broad question. It really all depends on your tablet. If you have a coby 7022 like me then rooting is a must. If you buy a tablet that is good out the box(transformer, acer iconia, galaxy tab(so I've heard)) you wont need to root. Your tablet won't be a replacement for your pc. It will allow you to do things you can do on your pc while away like creating and editing docs, watching movies, email, some gaming, texting and chatting, etc.

Team Viewer allows using the tablet to manipulate the desktop while away from home. Your finger becomes the mouse , it has a built in keyboard and other neat things to make the tablet a true desktop replacement by using the power of the desktop on the tablet. It's a true must have app on an ipad if you want to replace the desktop while away from it without using a laptop instead.. I use it on my Incredible just because I can but needed it on my ipad.
Splashtop is better on a home wifi network but on Android doesn't have away from home capability yet whereas Team Viewer does.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Last edited: