Making Phone Calls and texting on Coby Kyros

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
I use Csipsimple + Callcentric + Ipkall + Google Voice + Google Voice Callback.

I get unlimited talk and text. Since Google Voice doesn't support MMS, people send pics to my Gmail.

What are some of the other setups out there?

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
1st thing. Go to callcentric and get account.
2nd thing. Go to Ipkall and get a number to use callcentric with.

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
@tipstir
The Send Text app included with your new ROM? Yea, I was checking that one out. I like it.

Great work with the HoneyComb themed Roms, btw. I really enjoy them.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
@tipstir
The Send Text app included with your new ROM? Yea, I was checking that one out. I like it.

Great work with the HoneyComb themed Roms, btw. I really enjoy them.

Thanks! The wife has iTouch and she was able to call her Mom while I was standing there. The House phone RANG and she was able to put in a bogus name and number. 999 939-8009 caller from San Diego came up on the Cox Digital Box Caller ID OSD. I was shock since her tablet doesn't have phone features. She was able to tap into the House WiFi to make the call and have voice phone chat. I figured there had to be one for Android and sure enough there was.

Have fun with it!

Last edited:

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
i use sipdroid and pbxes.com and google voice when i call people it shows my google voice number i use the google voice app for texting from my google voice number so when im by wifi it acts the same as a cell phone plus when people call my google voice number it rings my tablet

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Alpinist

Mar 20, 2011
Thanks for starting this thread. I hadn't realised you could do all this for free. Got everything working except I can't figure out how to work Google Voice Callback.

I can call my Google voice number and it rings through to csipsimple so I can get incoming calls just fine. I can log into the google voice website and call a phone and have it connect back to me. But I can't figure out how to use the Google Voice Callback app. The keypad within csipsimple still just seems to be trying to dial out over sip and doesn't work. Don't see a keypad in Google Voice Callback.

Do how do you get that working? Have spent quite a bit of time on it but just can't figure out this last piece. Is there a dialer app that you use?

Thanks.

Alpinist

Mar 20, 2011
OK, got it. Just had to download a dialer app. Used Dialer One but there are a few that look good.

All the instructions out there tend to assume you have a phone which has the default android dialer installed, for the tab needed to install one.

This is a pretty sweet set up.

kplasters

Oct 23, 2010
eulogy69, how exactly are you setting this up? I installed sipdroid and set up an account with pbxes.com. I have a google voice number already. I'm just having a hard time getting all three to play nice together. Care to help a clueless chick out?

booda3000

Feb 22, 2011
Yea, I have to use the naive dialer for Google callback to Work also.

You have to verify the sip account through Google voice settings by adding the sip phone number into the Google voice forwarding phones options. Then, when someone calls your GV #, your sipdroid client will ring, which means Your phone will ring.

eulogy69

Mar 15, 2011
from what im being told you have to pay for a pro account on pbxes now for google voice trump i got in just before they changed it

Sent from my MID7015A-Watery 1.2a Using Android Tablet Forum App

dirty.redz

Mar 30, 2011
For all that are interested I have installed Nettalk from the market on my rooted Coby Kyros MID7015, although I don't remember the Kryos having a mic built in, I have been able to actually place a call using this app. The sound quality isn't the best, and you have to both listen and talk through the little speaker slit in the back of the tablet, but hey it works!
smile.gif
I just figured it might be something for you all to play with and maybe improve upon$u.jpg$images.jpg