Malata ZPAD T2

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
will malata support honeycomb/gingerbread?

i think there is a difference in this vs gtablet.

Malata has 1gb of ram.
This is rumor mongering. If you do your research, Google has stated, There is not a CPU or memory limitation on Gingerbread or any current planned version of Android. Froyo is the first version to be capable of taking advantage of 256Mb of RAM or more. But that does not mean you will gain anything by getting 512 vs 1024. Long term there may be advantage. but by then, this tablet may be considered an old model.

quantumfusion

Dec 22, 2010
This is rumor mongering. If you do your research, Google has stated, There is not a CPU or memory limitation on Gingerbread or any current planned version of Android. Froyo is the first version to be capable of taking advantage of 256Mb of RAM or more. But that does not mean you will gain anything by getting 512 vs 1024. Long term there may be advantage. but by then, this tablet may be considered an old model.
i see. however, i am very much frightened by Chinese product support.
They usually make a product and then do not bother giving it firmware update or whatsoever.

How big scale is Malata in China ?

and in my own opinion , even at 520USD , Malata is hugely over-priced.

Last edited:

Matrix97

Dec 29, 2010
I just check the price on the China site, its about USD 440 for free shipment within China.
Really tempting.........

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
I picked up a Ztab over in Guangzhou earlier this month for $394. I took it apart this evening and snapped some pictures of the insides. Main differences between this and the Gtab is double the memory and ability to add 3G just by popping the module in. The Gtab will require soldering and such to do that and of course has half the memory. There is also an interesting additional chip on the Ztab motherboard that might be a GPS unit. I posted the pictures over on xda to see if anyone has any ideas. You can find them here: Internal pictures of Ztab - xda-developers

cyberon

Mar 10, 2011
Just bought this and it seems very difficult to use.
*Specifically I bought this so I could copy from one USB harddrive to another whilst on travels, but it doesn't even read what is on my USB hard drive
*I don't have a Wifi connection, so when I downloaded angrybirds.apk on my PC then transferred the file over and tried installing, it didn't work.
*there are no english instructions, or should I use the Viewsonic ones?
*The GPS on there doesn't seem to work properly

Thanks in advance.

Should I get a refund?

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
Just bought this and it seems very difficult to use.
*Specifically I bought this so I could copy from one USB harddrive to another whilst on travels, but it doesn't even read what is on my USB hard drive
*I don't have a Wifi connection, so when I downloaded angrybirds.apk on my PC then transferred the file over and tried installing, it didn't work.
*there are no english instructions, or should I use the Viewsonic ones?
*The GPS on there doesn't seem to work properly

Thanks in advance.

Should I get a refund?

First things first, are you sure you have inbuilt GPS? Your wifi comment makes me think you don't have the 3g version and I was under the impression those two features were linked?

For the most part the viewsonic instructions ought to very close enough. Are you running the stock rom?

What format is the hard drive in and what size is it?

When you tried to install angry birds, what happened?

Sent from the awesome ZTab :D

cyberon

Mar 10, 2011
First things first, are you sure you have inbuilt GPS? Your wifi comment makes me think you don't have the 3g version and I was under the impression those two features were linked?

For the most part the viewsonic instructions ought to very close enough. Are you running the stock rom?

What format is the hard drive in and what size is it?

When you tried to install angry birds, what happened?

Sent from the awesome ZTab :D

Hi, thanks for your reply.

*Yes it has an inbuilt GPS, I ordered it specially from Shenit. I asked them about the instructions in english and they just said it wasn't available in english and left it at that. So yeah, the customer support wasn't as I expected.

* I don't know anything about hacking it so I guess I just used the stock rom(?)

*My USB Harddrive is 500G (Seagate and WD) and in the ntfs file format.

*I downloaded the angry birds file from the internet to my PC, then transferred it to the ZPAD in a folder I titled 'games'. When I tap on the file to install, it has the progress bar, but then it just says 'not installed'.

Thanks again.
Is there a place in australia where I can take my Zpad to get them to tweak and install it properly? this is very frustrating.

foobaz123

Nov 22, 2010
Hi, thanks for your reply.

*Yes it has an inbuilt GPS, I ordered it specially from Shenit. I asked them about the instructions in english and they just said it wasn't available in english and left it at that. So yeah, the customer support wasn't as I expected.

* I don't know anything about hacking it so I guess I just used the stock rom(?)

*My USB Harddrive is 500G (Seagate and WD) and in the ntfs file format.

*I downloaded the angry birds file from the internet to my PC, then transferred it to the ZPAD in a folder I titled 'games'. When I tap on the file to install, it has the progress bar, but then it just says 'not installed'.

Thanks again.
Is there a place in australia where I can take my Zpad to get them to tweak and install it properly? this is very frustrating.

Some one is on my zpad so I'm responding from my s7... haha

Interesting on the gps.. I was under the impression it didn't have that unless it had 3g...

I asked about the ROM because I don't believe the standard rom can read ntfs. After market roms like Vegan can though.

No idea who you could take it to in Oz. However, the process to put an alternative rom on there is fairly simple. You can pm me if you want more information on that. :)

Sent from my Huawei S7.. :)

cyberon

Mar 10, 2011
Thanks for that, I got the 3G/GPS model from Shenit, and I asked them for help on the following
*How to install angry birds (I don't have WIfi or a 3G connection yet)
*GPS offline map for Sydney and China
*NTFS
*Increase the framerate etc

Surely my requirements aren't that fussy? God help a grandmother who wants to use this device!

Last edited:

cyberon

Mar 10, 2011
Ok, after having a chat with the Shenit expert, I have come to the conclusion that the ZPAD is incapable of doing ALL the following

*Read NTFS files (ie plug a 500G USB drive in it to watch HD movies on the plane)
*GPS/3G -apparently the NTFS fix will remove GPS
*Play .MTS files
*Incapable of reading FAT file format.

I think I'll get a refund. This seems to be a complete waste of money. Or am I really asking for something a laptop should do in a tablet body?

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Ok, after having a chat with the Shenit expert, I have come to the conclusion that the ZPAD is incapable of doing ALL the following

*Read NTFS files (ie plug a 500G USB drive in it to watch HD movies on the plane)
*GPS/3G -apparently the NTFS fix will remove GPS
*Play .MTS files
*Incapable of reading FAT file format.

I think I'll get a refund. This seems to be a complete waste of money. Or am I really asking for something a laptop should do in a tablet body?

The first 3 items are known limitations with stock builds of Tegra 2 in general. The last seems to be a firmware bug.

This firmware is supposed to fix the majority of those issues, and have 3G support as recommended by xda:
基于官方UI制作的2.2固件3.1完整版(尝试修复电量问题) - Zpad T2 固件专区 - EZ-PAD 万利达Zpad官方认证服务网站 - Powered by Discuz!

There is a wake issue that you can resolve with REGPON wifi keepAlive (reference G Tablet shuts down after going to sleep [Archive] - xda-developers)

Install is via clockworkrecovery.

cyberon

Mar 10, 2011
thanks all.
The shenit guy ( who was very patient with me) asked me to install this one http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/gtab.VEGAn.1.00.beta5.1.user.final.zip. I did get angry birds to work though.

Also, this should apparently should let me access NTFS, but I cannot read my external 1TB Seagate USB harddrive. any pointers there?

Or should I uninstall the Vegan one and install the Ezpad one?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: