manage/ create photo albums?

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
First, i double checked the forum and found nothing like what I'm asking. If I missed it, please forgive me and if you could be so kind as to point me in the right directon :)

Did anyone else's tab come w/ an album in the gallery called "scrapbook"? Mine did. I also cannot move anything into it.

I also realized that I cannot edit or creat photo albums. On all the other Android devices in my house (and my daily contact), I can do this via the stock gallery. Isn't that what's on the Acer tab?

I've had a very bad expierence doing this type of thing w/ a file manager on my Droid X2.
Am I missing some step? When I long tap, I only get the options to delete or share.

If this is one of those things I need to get an app for, any suggestions?
Thanks.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
I don't have any picassa web albums.
Is it just me or is it odd that there is no native way to manage photo?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I don't have any picassa web albums.
Is it just me or is it odd that there is no native way to manage photo?

Picassa web albums are free, so you DO have them as soon as you want them.

Any File Manager free in the market will allow you to move photos into any directory structure you want.

Also above you said:
On all the other Android devices in my house (and my daily contact), I can do this via the stock gallery.

I've never seen ANY ANDROID STOCK GALLERY that would let you create directories, move photos to directories. So perhaps you could be EXPLICIT about which STOCK ANDROID GALLERY versions allow this, and explicitly which devices allow this.

You need a file manager. I use ES file Explorer, but almost any free file manager will work.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
Icebike,
According to my Droid X2, I have gallery 2.3.3.
I either long tap (?) or select multiple and then tap "add to album". My albums show up, along with a new album.
I never said directory, I said album. When I go through either the file manager that came with the phone or Astro, I don't see the albums. I just see the pics. In my gallery, I see albums. When I used the File manager that came with my Droid X2 to create an "album" and I placed it in the Album directory (when I asked what goes there, I was told "albums, photos and stuff"), all 50 pictures magically disappeared. They album no longer appears in the Album directory and sometimes the pictures show up, other times they dont. Usually when I tap them, I'm told "file not found". So you can understand my fear in using a file manager to do this. The other factor here may be my obviously shallow existence. Generally "On all the other Android devices in my house (and my daily contact)" means me, my wife, her family, some of her & my friends that are Version customers. Maybe it's a perk through them, I don't know.
I have also never hidden the fact that I am a complete moron with all thing computers. So, if I used the jargon incorrectly at any point (Stock being the example), then I don't know what to tell you. I've tried to learn, I've looked for the "for dummies" books. I've been with an electrical/ software engineer/ project manager for 17 years. I still have no comprehension of what she does or what come out of her mouth when she talks shop.
As for EXPLICIT, you've posted on almost every thread I've started. I've never been that vague. I've also learned that when you need answers about unfamiliar things, be general when engaging the experts. This lets them know your grasp of the subject matter.
Also this statement "I've never seen ANY ANDROID STOCK GALLERY that would let you create directories, move photos to directories. So perhaps you could be EXPLICIT about which STOCK ANDROID GALLERY versions allow this, and explicitly which devices allow this." implies that I'm a liar. I don't dig that. Village idiot, class clown, dunce, court jester = yes; LIAR NO.
I am also not that big of a frelling hezmot to miss that in the above sentence structure TYPING LIKE THIS IS SHOUTING, WHICH IS ANGER AND AGGRESSION. Exactly why do I deserve this? I attempt to play by the forum rules, I'm just here for help. I'm trying to figure out why it seems that all the effort I put into researching the OS and device that was right for me totally backfired.
However, if you feel that I'm really nothing more than a under educated, socially shallow liar, I would suggest you either ignore me or have a admin/ moderator boot me from the forum - if you cant yourself.

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
No scrapbook on mine. You will be hamstrung doing a lot of things if you dont have a file manager installed. I use HD File Manager.
You can create a photo folder on the drive or micro sd.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
If your Droid says you have gallery 2.3.3 then it is NOT stock.

Stock Android Gallery app is a product of Google, and my Nexus One is a pure google device.
Its running Gallery 1.1.30xx.
Acer is pretty close to pure Google, and its gallery is 1.1.300xxx.

So what ever you are running on the Droid is not by any definition the Stock Android Gallery.

NOW do you see why I ask you to be explicit? Now do you see why I emphasize some words?

Look son, this is the internet. Either grow a skin, or don't come here. There was nothing insulting
in my post. Every time you ask a question you get all prickly about casual wording in people's reply.
I think you are seeing yourself in other peoples post. Why do we have to walk on egg shells every time
you show up?

Don't worry, I'll avoid offering any help to you in the future.

Mar 30, 2012
First, i double checked the forum and found nothing like what I'm asking. If I missed it, please forgive me and if you could be so kind as to point me in the right directon :)

Did anyone else's tab come w/ an album in the gallery called "scrapbook"? Mine did. I also cannot move anything into it.

I also realized that I cannot edit or creat photo albums. On all the other Android devices in my house (and my daily contact), I can do this via the stock gallery. Isn't that what's on the Acer tab?

I've had a very bad expierence doing this type of thing w/ a file manager on my Droid X2.
Am I missing some step? When I long tap, I only get the options to delete or share.

If this is one of those things I need to get an app for, any suggestions?
Thanks.

Hi guys!

I'm new in this forum, and each time I see this problem I try to help, because I had this problem.... administrate photos and videos direct on the phone!!! I really don't know why isn't possible by default... anyways, I've found an app called Foozer for Android and it allows in an easily way to move, create and delete albums or photos!! If you like to have always your photos in the right order, you can take pictures directly in your album, that's cool!

Let me know if that help you guys!

Bye

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
You can plug your tablet into your PC and open its DCIM folder. From there you can create all to folders you need and separate your pictures the way you like. The tablet will then display each folder as a separate album.