Maps APP not working on either of 2 new VTABS

bbqhuntr

Dec 13, 2011
II just bought 2 of these tablets yesterday at Sam's club. When I got them home we turned them on and pretty much were forced to take the 1.5 update, I couldn't find any way around it. So anyways, I'm an outdoors guy who loves mapping apps. So much to my surprise, when i turned on "MAPS", I was surprised when it wouldn't pull down the satellite images. It will get the regular maps, the traffic maps, the terrain maps, but pretty much locks up when I try for the sat images. I went through about 1/2 hour on the phone today with Vizio tech support and after a complete restore, it seemed to work for about 3 minutes then back to the same problems again. Is anyone else having this problem??? If I had to guess,I think it's some kind of cache or lack of memory problem. It seemed to happen after I loaded a few apps from the Marketplace, even though I moved them all to the SD card afterwards. I will be heartbroken if I can't get that app to work since it's one of the main reasons that I bought it.

Maine_Coon

Nov 19, 2011
never tried this app since I have both CoPilot and Sygic, and they don't require wifi, just GPS, which is pretty good on vtab1008.

Deandec

Nov 25, 2011
I suspect you did not move the downloaded apps to the external SD card, but the internal SD card. Many discussions on this forum about the apps storage using internal SD card when user thinks external SD card. Seems to be an Android problem that rooting can fix.

So perhaps you are having a storage full caused problem? You can check the status in Settings.

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
Haven't had that problem with maps. How's your wi-if connection. May be time for another round with our So Dakota friends.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Google maps w/sat works on my VTAB.

I just crashed the app, but I'd used it pretty hard.

Jim

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum