Market 3.3.11 on Android 2.3.4 Crashes immediately when installing

deosvx

Nov 10, 2011
I have a chinese brand tablet, Onda VX610W. It did not come preinstalled with Market so I flashed the latest firmware from their website and installed Market 3.3.11. The market app works fine browsing it and downloading but when it goes to install an app it immediately crashes. The status bar still shows installing but there is no progress even letting it just sit for awhile. I've already cleared cache and data for market, there's no secure folder on either the internal or external memory. What is interesting is my tablet creates an SDcard mount from its internal memory called /mnt/sdcard and the microSD I have in there is /mnt/exteral_sd. It seems strange but I don't know if this has anything to do with it. Maybe it is the Firmware I flashed being that they do not use Market in China but I've read in a couple places that they've "updated the firmware and got market working" they left out how they did it though, but I know its possible! Any help?

PS: I'm assuming I don't need to root my device... or do I? How can I tell? Sorry I'm pretty tech saavy but I'm brand new to tablets.

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
I'm pretty new at this, but I do have a few ideas.
First, you don't need to root it to work.
The other thing I was thinking was that you may need a newer version of the Google Framework. I'm not sure where you get that because it is installed on the unit from the factory.
I'd check with the market folks to see if that is a requirement...
or I may be totally off track...

deosvx

Nov 10, 2011
I checked and it is already installed and it cannot be uninstalled. I hardreset the device, chnged back to english to read the dang thing and reinstalled market... same thing... crashes on installing any app. My logic of Windows OS is failing me at why Android is so different.
[ process com.android.vending has stopped unexpectedly ]

Last edited:

photoweborama

Nov 7, 2011
I don't have any idea from here. The big guns are going to have to step in to help with this one.
As far as the OS, Android is not that much like Windows, it's more like Linux and Unix. If you understand those, android is much easier to transition to, as far as the deeper technical aspects.

NIK1990

Nov 22, 2011
Hey even i am getting the same problem..i have an onda vi30deluxe,andoid 2.3.4 from china..android market just crashes when installing new apps.
I tried another market for apps,it also crashes when installing new apps.
Anyone can help plz?

Deadier

Nov 28, 2011
I have the same problem as NIK1990, the Android Market immediately crashes when installing an application.
I root my tablet, I emptied the cache of the android market, I have installed several versions 2.3, 3.0.11, 3.0.12, but nothing works.

I put the latest firmware (form here) from the manufacturer but it changes nothing.

Someone would have it another idea?

NIK1990

Nov 22, 2011
I really think the problem in with android 2.3.4.Because the seller replaced my onda vi30 deluxe with a new one,latest firmware...i still
get the same problem...lets hope for another firmware with another android platform..
Hey dude how did you root your onda? did you notice any change after rooting?

Deadier

Nov 28, 2011
I just installed the latest firmware (2.0.4 from here) for my Android tablet Onda Vi30W Deluxe and the android market is included in it and works very well.

Do the test and tell me if it solved your problem.

To root your Vi30W use SuperOneClick, you can find it here.

Have a nice day

Last edited:

NIK1990

Nov 22, 2011
Yesss..its working gr8..Thanks..
But the new firmware for Onda VI30(16Gb),bluetooth is not working..anyone tried that yet?
what did you benefit from rooting your vi30W?

AndroPad

Dec 3, 2011
Hi,

how did you put your VI30W in firmware programming mode?

Thank you

I just installed the latest firmware (2.0.4 from here) for my Android tablet Onda Vi30W Deluxe and the android market is included in it and works very well.

Do the test and tell me if it solved your problem.

To root your Vi30W use SuperOneClick, you can find it here.

Have a nice day

androidaddict

Dec 4, 2011
Same with my ONDA VI20W and VI30... 2.3.4 version. This unit came with chinese version Market so I tried to install the latest english Market version but still not working. I tried to reinstall back the old english 2.3 Market but still no good....

However, when I tried to download games via my laptop windows os and then save the .apk file to my tablet inside "download" folder and it successfully installed. What should I do. I want to download directly to android Market...

PLEASE HELP....

androidaddict

Dec 4, 2011
I really think the problem in with android 2.3.4.Because the seller replaced my onda vi30 deluxe with a new one,latest firmware...i still
get the same problem...lets hope for another firmware with another android platform..
Hey dude how did you root your onda? did you notice any change after rooting?

Tried it but link is not working... Please help...thanks in advance.

pphjl

Dec 11, 2011
Hi,

how did you put your VI30W in firmware programming mode?

Thank you

Hi,

With help from a non-techie friend who can read Chinese and Google translate, we have made a quick guide (added some info from experience of 6 failed attempts before finally succeeding). Unfortunately, I am not very good with my documentations and i did not do the screen shots. Hope this helps those who are trying to perform firmware upgrade.

Feel free to add/improve this documentation. I have only successfully tested these on my own Win XP PC and Vi30W Deluxe version 2 tablet and Firmware version 2.0.4 (Vi30W豪华版_v2.0.4扩容版固件(仅适用于V2版机型)).

Thoughts on the device: Certainly see some improvements with this latest firmware. Handling experience is still no where near as polished an iPad, but it is certainly great value for money.

Cheers,
J

Attachments

• $instructions_en_cn.doc
    538 KB · Views: 1,366
Last edited: