Market 3.3.11 on Android 2.3.4 Crashes immediately when installing

aznmidnite

Dec 22, 2011
Hello,
I just recently purchased a VX610W Deluxe. It came with 2.0.4 version firmware, and the Android Market works all ready.

tomokomiki (or anyone else), are you using the latest version 2.0.5 firmware? For upgrading, did did you follow similar steps that pphjl mentioned? I'm a newbie when it comes to tablets. :)

I do notice a strange thing with my VX610W Deluxe when I plug it in to charge. If I power the tablet off while plugged in, it powers itself back on in a few seconds. Is this normal? Does anyone else have this happen to their tablet?

Thanks for any information!

Razgriz

Dec 23, 2011
Hi, I've been reading through several forums, Chinese and English, and it seems that upgrading the firmware will solve the problem. I've been going to the onda official website to try and download the file, but I've only got 404 for every link they have. Did anyone have a problem? Or if someone who already has the file, could you possibly put it on megaupload or something and share it on here. Thanks in advance.

aznmidnite

Dec 22, 2011
Hi, I've been reading through several forums, Chinese and English, and it seems that upgrading the firmware will solve the problem. I've been going to the onda official website to try and download the file, but I've only got 404 for every link they have. Did anyone have a problem? Or if someone who already has the file, could you possibly put it on megaupload or something and share it on here. Thanks in advance.

Hello Razgriz,
Which firmware are you trying to download? The one for the VX610W Deluxe? (http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/VX610WP/VX610WP_v2.0.5.rar)

Even though I am not having any problems with the Market, I am going to attempt to upgrade mine from 2.0.4 version firmware to 2.0.5.

Thanks.

Razgriz

Dec 23, 2011
hey aznmidnite,

thanks for helping. I actually dled the file from a different cpu but I couldn't install the program as per instructions given.

pphjl
Thanks for the translations. But I need your help here. I'm at the part where you have to manually install the USBdriver. What do I have to do? I'm stuck right now. I've tried several times to uninstall the driver, plug it in, and install the driver manually. But it still popped up with the textless alerts. How'd you get around it? I'm using a X86 Windows 7.

aznmidnite

Dec 22, 2011
Hello everyone,
Last night I finished upgrading my Onda VX610W Deluxe from 2.0.4 to 2.0.5. Thanks again to those who posted the English version of the upgrade instructions. It made it easier to follow.

I also applied the 2.0.5 expansion firmware so my internal storage goes to 1GB from 512MB.
smiley.gif
I definitely like that, as not all apps can be moved to SD or the 5.84GB on it's "built in TF card area they call it". Looks like after you apply the expansion firmware, the previous internal storage goes from 512MB up to 1GB, and the built in internal TF card storage goes from 8GB down to 5.84GB (approx). Looks like it just shifted the space, which is fine, as not all apps/games can be moved to the TF card, and there is still plenty of space.

Forgot to backup some of the files before I upgraded, but there wasn't anything that I really needed (I don't think). There were a couple .apk files that came with the tablet (which I purchased from aliexpress), and some sample pictures, music, and video files. There were also a couple Chinese applications that came with it, that are not there after the firmware upgrade, but I am ok with that.

Using the tablet a lot, and liking it!
:)

Thanks!

Razgriz

Dec 23, 2011
Thanks for the English Translations! Saves me a bundle to read in Chinese! Now I have 2.0.5 on my VX610W and installed Go Launcher! Completely customized and loving it!!

Razgriz

Dec 23, 2011
I really think the problem in with android 2.3.4.Because the seller replaced my onda vi30 deluxe with a new one,latest firmware...i still
get the same problem...lets hope for another firmware with another android platform..
Hey dude how did you root your onda? did you notice any change after rooting?

Instead of the firmware, it's actually more of the baseband version. It's still 2.3.4 after upgrading, but the baseband has been changed. With that, I have no problem installing the market app and downloading things from there.​

pphjl

Dec 11, 2011
hey aznmidnite,

thanks for helping. I actually dled the file from a different cpu but I couldn't install the program as per instructions given.

pphjl
Thanks for the translations. But I need your help here. I'm at the part where you have to manually install the USBdriver. What do I have to do? I'm stuck right now. I've tried several times to uninstall the driver, plug it in, and install the driver manually. But it still popped up with the textless alerts. How'd you get around it? I'm using a X86 Windows 7.

Razgriz: Apologies for the late reply, I do not check in regularly. I guess you already resolved this.

If I do not remember it wrongly, got around this by renaming the image file with shorter name (less than 8 character). Since the error was nameless, we can only guess. Please let everyone else here know if you did it any differently. I had repeated success with the steps provided earlier on a couple of other Onda tablets namely the VW610 Delux and Vi30W Delux.

On a completely different note, Onda has just announced less than 2 hours ago that Vi40 is out at 999 yuan. I think I'm going to try to get my hands on that. Where's my mates from China when i need them most...

Cheers,
J

Last edited:

pphjl

Dec 11, 2011
Not sure if this will help anyone. But I'll share anyway.

Another issue I encountered when I upgraded the firmwares in another tablet, the USB driver became invalid. The message below pops up. Do not fret, the device has not "bricked". Simply allow the tablet to boot normally once and then shut it down and try the upgrade again (took me a good many hours to get this :( ).

usbdevicenotrecognized-thumb.png

anayaj

Dec 30, 2011
Does anyone own the cruz tablet by velocity micro t105? I cannot find Android apps that will download to this device help please :(

aznmidnite

Dec 22, 2011
Looks like Android version 4.0.1 is available for the Onda tablets now! Just released today! :) I'm going to try upgrading later tonight if I have time.

VX610W Deluxe Edition _Android4.0.1_v0.4 firmware
File Size: 207.59MB
Updated: 2011-12-31
Description: 1, upgrade to the 4.0.1 version of the Android operating system.
Note:
1, the firmware upgrade package includes instructions, please read carefully before flashing.
2, the upgrade is successful, the entire boot process, not by hand or other objects touch capacitive screen (touch screen calibration program automatically), otherwise it will affect the touch effect.
3, this firmware version temporarily for testing;

Download link: http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/VX610WP/VX610WP_Android4.0.1_v0.4.rar

They say this version is "temporarily for testing".

pphjl

Dec 11, 2011
Looks like Android version 4.0.1 is available for the Onda tablets now! Just released today! :) I'm going to try upgrading later tonight if I have time.

VX610W Deluxe Edition _Android4.0.1_v0.4 firmware
File Size: 207.59MB
Updated: 2011-12-31
Description: 1, upgrade to the 4.0.1 version of the Android operating system.
Note:
1, the firmware upgrade package includes instructions, please read carefully before flashing.
2, the upgrade is successful, the entire boot process, not by hand or other objects touch capacitive screen (touch screen calibration program automatically), otherwise it will affect the touch effect.
3, this firmware version temporarily for testing;

Download link: http://file2.mydrivers.com/ondata/download/driver/oamp3/VX610WP/VX610WP_Android4.0.1_v0.4.rar

They say this version is "temporarily for testing".

Please let us know how the ICS performs on the device. I've given my Vi30W and Vi610 to family members as presents for Xmas after upgrading to the lastest firmware. Waiting for a good friend to bring Vi30D which i plan to keep for myself when he returns from China.

Just got the world from a local retailer that VI40 elite is not expected to be available till end of Jan 2012 due to the pending Chinese New Year holidays. Good luck to anyone who is waiting. Hopefully, the online shops will be able to deliver more quickly than the local shops in China.

Happy New Year to all!

Cheers,
J

pphjl

Dec 11, 2011
Please let us know how the ICS performs on the device. I've given my Vi30W and Vi610 to family members as presents for Xmas after upgrading to the lastest firmware. Waiting for a good friend to bring Vi30D which i plan to keep for myself when he returns from China.

Just got the word from a local retailer that VI40 elite is not expected to be available till end of Jan 2012 due to the pending Chinese New Year holidays. Good luck to anyone who is waiting. Hopefully, the online shops will be able to deliver more quickly than the local shops in China.

Happy New Year to all!

Cheers,
J

Update: Received my Vi30D and has both Vi30D and Vi30WD on hand temporarily for the last couple of days. ICS on Vi30x (deluxe) is nice and smooth. Unfortunately, no Android Market yet on the official version from Onda. I've downgrading back to Gingerbread for day to day use till a more complete ICS ROM is available.

Last edited: