Market 3.3.11 on Android 2.3.4 Crashes immediately when installing

Whoryou

Jan 5, 2012
Hi, I just upgraded to Android 4.0.1 on my Vi20W(enchance version)but after the upgrade, there is no android market. Do i have to flash the 2.0.5 firmware to get the market?

pphjl

Dec 11, 2011
Hi, I just upgraded to Android 4.0.1 on my Vi20W(enchance version)but after the upgrade, there is no android market. Do i have to flash the 2.0.5 firmware to get the market?

That will be fastest way to get Android Market. Not sure if there is some another way to script install market. I'm a noob myself.

Hellcat71

Dec 16, 2011
Can you get me better instructions to load the firmware? I have tried but even translated it is rough. I cannot get it to start. the tablet is loaded i have this in my device manager
$Device manager.jpg
I would love help on this as there is an Android 4.0.1 update for these

Hellcat71

Dec 16, 2011
Yes I did it you just load the 2.0.5 firmware again. Note there is firmware to bump memory internal to 1gb

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Android Tablet Forum

pphjl

Dec 11, 2011

Whoryou

Jan 5, 2012

pphjl

Dec 11, 2011
I tried using the script, managed to get it installed but it doesnt seems to reboot itself. Should i restart it myself instead?

Hello Whoryou,

Do you get a number of "Errors" on the screen?

If so it is possibly an issue with the USB Driver. Just rebooting will not have any effect.

I had the same problem and I could not get the script to work over USB. In the end, had to manually decode the script (mainly copying files to the right directory in the Onda Device, setting the right permissions) and do what the script would have done. You will just have to look into the .bat file and figure it. Let me know if you need help with decoding script.

Cheers,
Jef

Whoryou

Jan 5, 2012
Hello Whoryou,

Do you get a number of "Errors" on the screen?

If so it is possibly an issue with the USB Driver. Just rebooting will not have any effect.

I had the same problem and I could not get the script to work over USB. In the end, had to manually decode the script (mainly copying files to the right directory in the Onda Device, setting the right permissions) and do what the script would have done. You will just have to look into the .bat file and figure it. Let me know if you need help with decoding script.

Cheers,
Jef

I managed to get the driver to work. But after the successful installation, the device did not reboot itself. I wait quite a while, there is no sign of rebooting, so i just manually reboot it. It seems to work fine now with the market installed. Problem now is with the flash player. =(

pphjl

Dec 11, 2011
I managed to get the driver to work. But after the successful installation, the device did not reboot itself. I wait quite a while, there is no sign of rebooting, so i just manually reboot it. It seems to work fine now with the market installed. Problem now is with the flash player. =(

Just use Market to update to the latest Flash, that should work. :)