Market Access for Coby MID1125 . . . . .HELP!!

Viejo36

Dec 2, 2011
I am new to the Android Tablet. I have a Coby MID11254G. Version 2.3.3. My Grandson gave me a Gift. Trouble is he's in school in Rochester and I'm in Retirement in Florida. So, I'm here with a lot of QUESTIONS. All I ask is a little patience if I ask the same question twice.
There are a lot of apps that I would like to download. (Kindle, Dolphin Browser, Crazy Birds, etc.) I already have an Amazon Account. I have a Gmail address for the PC. How do I go about downloading theses apps. I have tried and run into some problems. When I do download these apps, where are they downloaded to? Do I create a Folder? How do I access my SD Card? These are some of the questions I would appreciate if someone would answer for me. If I can an answer, other questions I have will probably fall into place . . . Thank You . . .

Pamster

Nov 14, 2011
Hi Viejo36,

You've come to the right place, with a little bit of work you can get those apps up and running smoothly with only a bit of work. I don't know the right links, but someone else will, we have a Coby forum here that has a lot of useful information but before you try anything I would back up the operating system, I think that's done to a SD card or your PC. That is what I would do first, then see about adding the Android market, where you can get those applications you're looking for. Welcome to the board! Glad you could join us. We have a good number of Coby owners here that post regularly so you shouldn't have to wait too long for answers. I don't own this device yet but it's the one I am looking at getting for my hubby. :) I would wait for confirmation that the techniques given for the MID7022 would work on this device before trying it. Because I know it doesn't work for all the models out there. Good luck! :D

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hello Viejo, welcome to Android tablets and congratulations on your very nice gift. (Your grandson must really like you.:)) You don't need to create a folder for downloading apps, they go into the internal memory of the tablet. To access the SD card, you'll need a file explorer app. There are free ones on the Market and I'll post the links to them at the end of this post. At this time, your real problem is "How do I go about downloading these apps?" and to get an answer for that, I'm moving your thread to the Coby Generation 2 section. That's where the people who can help you can be found and I'm pretty sure they'll have you on the Market before long. Good luck!

Astro File Manager and ES File Explorer are both pretty good and there are free versions on the Market.
Astro File Manager https://market.android.com/details?i...Z28uYXN0cm8iXQ..
ES File Explorer https://market.android.com/details?i...Ryb2lkLnBvcCJd

BTW I deleted the duplicate to this post, cross posting isn't allowed. Glad you got past that picture stuff and finally got that GMail account too.:)

Viejo36

Dec 2, 2011
Where do I look to access an app that i downloaded? what do i need to open? . . .Thank You . . Viejo36