Market Client Out of date? Galaxy Tab P7500

EFH

Jan 27, 2012
Hi All,

My Galaxy Tab's Android Market App was fine yesterday, but today it claims that the client is out of date and will be updated automatically shortly. Do I need to do something to make it update?

Many thanks!

Elmar

joe935

Jan 18, 2012
I wanted to look up an app so clicked on "Market icon" message says there was an update.
Don't remember if i clicked on OK or not but:
Loading message remained on screen over 25 minutes. So i stopped the update.
I have now rebooted the Tablet and clicking on Market icon give message that client is out of date and will be updated. I have now been waiting 56 minutes and no completion.
Called Samsung and they say its a Google problem.

konrad005

Jan 31, 2012
i have the exact same problem since yesterday. Ive tried everything and looked all over for a solution. The "shortly" has turned into over 24 hours, how embarassing. Times like these i wish i had gone with an ipad. I have a feeling this wont get resolved on its own and that ill have to wipe my whole tablet. Damn you google.

joe935

Jan 18, 2012
i wouldn't do that just for market. you can go to "market.android.com" in the browser and get apps from there.

rexam

Jan 31, 2012
Yeap, even I am getting this problem today, I tried installing through "market.android.com" but installation is not triggered on my tab..I am using P7510

konrad005

Jan 31, 2012
Same here, I can't install through the web browser. It allows me to get as far as tapping Install, but then it just says waiting to download onto device. I'm using GT-7500M galaxy tab. Still no resolution. Tried downloading latest update to device under settings>about>check for updates, still doesn't work.

konrad005

Jan 31, 2012
Yes! I finally found a solution after much frustration. This is what I did:

On your Tablet
1. Manually download the latest android market by going to
[Download] Updated Android Market v3.3.12
2. Click on "Multiupload mirror"
3. Click on "Direct Download" next to Multiupload
4. When the file completes download, open it and install it by clicking on the down arrow in the bottom right
5. It will ask you to install over, agree to it
6. That is all! The new and fully functional android market will work. If you open the older icon, it may come up with the error again, but then as soon as you click OK, it will show "market updated successfully" in the corner. I'm guessing this is what was supposed to happen at the beginning but google effed something up along the way.

Good luck!

sherri64

Dec 26, 2011
Galaxy Tab 10.1 Wi-Fi only (7510)...Current (and working) version of market is 3.4.4

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

joe935

Jan 18, 2012
It looks like without the market app working you can not download any apps from the market website.
At least i haven't figured out how.
Maybe some one who has the problem can indicate how?

joe935

Jan 18, 2012
I wrote to the Android Market Team about that install and got this reply

Thanks for writing back. I cannot approve these steps, but you may try
them at your own risk. I cannot speak to the integrity of any versions of
the Android Market app that are available for download from the internet.

We're still looking into a long-term solution and hope to have a
resolution forthcoming. Hold tight. We're working on it!

artoj

Feb 4, 2012
I encountered the same problem. Is it the Market app that manages updates of all applications (including itself)? In that case we seem to have ended up in a catch 22 and a manual update is the only way to go even if I'm not comfortable downloading apps from a random source. Am I right? -A

Silvagni

Feb 5, 2012
Yes! I finally found a solution after much frustration. This is what I did:

On your Tablet
1. Manually download the latest android market by going to
[Download] Updated Android Market v3.3.12
2. Click on "Multiupload mirror"
3. Click on "Direct Download" next to Multiupload
4. When the file completes download, open it and install it by clicking on the down arrow in the bottom right
5. It will ask you to install over, agree to it
6. That is all! The new and fully functional android market will work. If you open the older icon, it may come up with the error again, but then as soon as you click OK, it will show "market updated successfully" in the corner. I'm guessing this is what was supposed to happen at the beginning but google effed something up along the way.

Good luck!

Thanks for these instructions. I wish Google would just provided these steps in their Known Issues page since the "work around" that they provide simply doesn't work. The new Market app worked perfectly for me on my Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet. One thing I wanted to note is this new Market app has a new (and slightly different) ICON so the old one won't work anymore. If you had a Market ICON on a home screen, you'll need to remove the old ICON and add the new market ICON.

Rob