Market for 7024 without rooting?

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
I am a real newby to Android. I am waiting for my 7024 to arrive. I recently Rooted and installed The Android Market on a 7015 I purchased a couple of weeks ago(works great). I'm nervous about rooting the 7024 as there is no firmware update to fall back on. I found this site ( Download: New Android Market Version 2.2.6 for All 2.2 Phones (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog ) that claims to have Android-Market.apk ready to download and install. No rooting required. Anybody tryed this. Any opinions? Is this safe? Is this ligit or could it be some kind of virus?

Download: New Android Market Version 2.2.6 for All 2.2 Phones (Updated) - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

flxrms

Developer
Mar 23, 2011
it also work for me using that way but that market is the old version. I also tried the other way which via installing and also work now i have the newer version

Johna2u

May 21, 2011
Still hasn't workedfor me. Market icon shows up but just flashs and quits when pressed. I've rebooted, cleared data, installedgoogle services from appslib. still nothing

colnago

May 18, 2011
Johna2u,I used the link at droid-life to get the market going on my 7024. I tried the steps on this forum that BULLDOGG talked about, but I guess I was one of the "it didn't work for me" crowd. I also created a Google account, and set up my Coby to sync with this account. Now, when I go to the market, it lists my Coby as an unknown device, but it will allow me to download things.I was fooling around with my wife's Nook the other day. Since I had my market account, I went to market.android.com with the Nook and tried downloading an app. It downloaded it, but to my Coby, not my wife's Nook. Not quite sure how it did that -- MAC addresses, possibly? Makes me wonder what would happen if I got another Coby. Would I have to set up another Google account? Dunno on that one.

GoldPimp

May 26, 2011
I was able to install android market apk with the googleservicesframework.apk then reboot, logged into my google account and have already downloaded at least 6 apps including this forum app with 0 problems. Using a stock non rooted 7024. Feel free to PM me if you would like the files i used with a guide on how to.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

edit: heres a link for the files
Android Market Files & Walkthrough

Last edited:

jetmechal

Oct 4, 2011
Hey Just recently bought this tablet (Coby MID7024-4G).

Tried really hard to find a way to get Android market to work as I already had a Google account and wasn't really happy with just the
APPSlib way of finding APPS or trying to find downloadable APK file to install from SD (like Adobe flash).

This may sound incredible but I did not root my tablet!

I just downloaded the zip file identified from "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BrWSC2uiAg&feature=related" into my computer
and from there unzipped the " GoogleServiceFramework.apk , OneTimeInitializer.apk , SetupWizard.pak and Vending.apk"
directly into the SD card installed into my usb cable attached Tablet.
Carried out the installs with the APK install as per the video and reset my coby before trying to open MARKET .
After the reset I selected the default action as per the video and made sure I had a working wifi connection before starting up Market!
The registration went as expected and when I checked my account from my PC's web browser my account showed my tablet as aT-Mobile device.

Happy to say I can now download apps from MARKET.

Hope you all find the same results.........And comment if it was a go or nogo for you!