Market missing apps

ryno1974

Sep 20, 2011
I have rooted and flashed a new rom to my 7" WM8650 tablet. Everythig works great, including the proer market being there. However, The only problem I am still having is I cant seem to get the market to show me all the apps. I have tried the clear data, clear cache, restart thing a couple of times, but no luck. Market works great, but will not show Google maps, Mixzing, Moxier mail, Tweet Caster, all aps I have (and paid for) on my Xperia X10 phone running stock 2.3. I also had those apps when I was running 2.1 and 1.6, but this damn tablet will not seem to allow them

Any thoughts for me?

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
Two thoughts-
1. I sometimes find that I see different apps if I use my browser to go to market.android.com instead of using the market app. I'm not sure if this is just a different view or because of searching differences.
2. Some apps may not be compatible with your device. I get these messages sometimes, so just because something worked on your phone, doesn't mean it will work on your tablet.

ryno1974

Sep 20, 2011
Thanks. I have tried that, and the app brain market, and the amazon market. No luck. It is not with complex apps - tapatalk, google maps, paper toss - cant find em. I have read that changing your device model in the /system directory will work, but I cant figure out how to change it.

What would happen if I flashed a wolfbreak Rom like it seems everyone is doing on their phones? Would it brick it?

cal67

Aug 4, 2011
See note number 2. Some of these apps just plain will not work on your tablet. The market app won't show apps that aren't compatible with your device. If you go to market.android.com in your browser like I noted in item 1, it will actually give you a message if the app is not compatible with your tablet. I can see tapatalk there, but it is incompatible with my tablet. Same with paper toss.

A ROM for a phone is not going to work on the tablet. Sign up at techknow.freeforums and click on the link in my sig for ROMs that will work on our tablets.

GRadu

Jun 24, 2011
Yes the market is sometimes very dumb about what it thinks is not compatible with your tablet ROM...and will not show you those apps.

I get around this by searching for the apk file at the developer or another site and download from there and install.

Sent from my VEGAn-TAB-v1.0.0B5.1 using Android Tablet Forum