Market not working after rooting

Thorir

Feb 1, 2011
Hi, I just updated my nook to 1.1 and rooted it again following the instructions here: Auto-Nooter 3.0.0 (1.1 only) - xda-developers.

Now I seem to be unable to download anything from Market. I can open Market and select software for download but download is never complete. Has anybody had this or similar problem with rooted 1.1? Any solutions to try?

Thorir

Feb 1, 2011
Thanks for the reply Stelv.

I forgot to mention it, but I did that before updating to 1.1 (and re-rooting).
I used the (HOW TO) Uninstall ... method and loaded the stock 1.0.1 image before updating to 1.1 and finally rooting.

Everything else seems to work as before, it's only the Market that is behaving oddly.

Anyway, I'll see if some other suggestions pop up, before I go through the whole process again.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
This is a common problem to all android devices. Unfortunately there is no known cause that I could find but here are a bunch of solution that have worked for android users.

1. Open Nook Color Tools > All Settings > Manage Applications (alt menu -filter all) > Market app: clear cache

2. Open NCT > All Settings > Manager applications (alt menu -filter all) > Market: Uninstall updates
-reboot

3. Open NCT > All Settings > Manager applications (alt menu -filter all) > Market: force stop, clear cache, exit
Go back to NCT > All Settings > Manager applications (alt menu -filter all) > Market: clear cache again
then NCT > All Settings > Manager applications (alt menu -filter all) > Download manager: force stop, clear data, clear cache
-reboot

4. Unmount your SD card, then try to download from market.

5. Upgrade your market app: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-app-fix-lack-apps-showing-portrait-mode.html

6. If you have CWM recovery installed
-Boot to CWM recovery
-Wipe cache partition
-Wipe dalvik cache
-reboot

Thorir

Feb 1, 2011
Hi, I finally figured this one out.

In step 12 of the rooting process
12 Select "My Channel" and Login using your Gmail Account.
you have to specifically type yourname@gmail.com, if you just type yourname, youtube defaults to yourname@youtube.com (without showing you it is doing so). This works for logging on to youtube but will not allow you to use market. I tried changing my youtube login after the fact but found no obvious way to do so other than going through the whole rooting process again. So if you are having a similar problem go to extras and open youtube. Select my account and log out. Now try logging in again and see if the provided login is yourname@youtube.com or yourname@gmail.com.