Market on 2.2 Sylvania/Disco - Work In Progress

Cindigirl

Mar 7, 2011
OK we were going good there for awhile, rather easy to understand directions on how to get Market to work (it didn't, but still). But now we (everyone but me that is) are back to Gobble-de-Gook programing speak. Isn't there any simple way to get the market running? Or should I just give up the ghost and save for a real tablet? Just asking...

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
I'm not using an edited build.prop anymore, the new update I'm running wouldn't work with it, I'm using my market DB files and market preferences.XML from my HTC glacier. I'm working on throwing something together to upload, but I'm not able to yet because the market DB files are linked to my T-Mobile acct for billing, and I'm just not willing to do that. As soon as I get a chance I'm gonna work on stripping my acct info and then ill upload all the necessary files. With. A how to. Remember this process is still a work in progress so bear with me. We will get this working.

usagi111

Apr 7, 2011
I'm not using an edited build.prop anymore, the new update I'm running wouldn't work with it, I'm using my market DB files and market preferences.XML from my HTC glacier. I'm working on throwing something together to upload, but I'm not able to yet because the market DB files are linked to my T-Mobile acct for billing, and I'm just not willing to do that. As soon as I get a chance I'm gonna work on stripping my acct info and then ill upload all the necessary files. With. A how to. Remember this process is still a work in progress so bear with me. We will get this working.

Okay cool, I can wait...Ya'll are geniuses BTW, the development for this device is minimal, so you truly are gods among ants...

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
The method I'm working on now is going to be an easy one. No more worrying about installing as system apps, chowning as root.root, or changing permissions. The only thing your going to have to do is be able to paste files into /data/data/ then clear market cache, clear Google service frameworks data and force close it, then reboot. This method should work no matter what hwvr you have, or what update version you are running. Going to get all the files ready, strip out my acct info then upload so hopefully you guys/ladies can help me to get the paid apps to show in the now working paid apps tab :)

gjbnh

Dec 10, 2010
The method I'm working on now is going to be an easy one. No more worrying about installing as system apps, chowning as root.root, or changing permissions. The only thing your going to have to do is be able to paste files into /data/data/ then clear market cache, clear Google service frameworks data and force close it, then reboot. This method should work no matter what hwvr you have, or what update version you are running. Going to get all the files ready, strip out my acct info then upload so hopefully you guys/ladies can help me to get the paid apps to show in the now working paid apps tab :)
Man, if your can do this, you are a god!! lol. hAving a working market is something I would gladly pay for. A tablet without it is pretty useless, regardless how what they substitute for it. Go dude go :)

Xi2wiked

Apr 28, 2011
K, I'm going to uninstall my market and then re-install and apply my changes again just to make sure the process is fool proof, then I will upload. I'm going to leave out the paid apps tab for now being as its tied to my billing.DB and I haven't had a chance to pull my acct info yet. But every other aspect of the market works perfect. It will even show any paid apps you've previously bought with your Google acct under the downloads section :)