Market Stopped Unexpectedly - downloads paused

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Higuys,

Yesterday, my Huawei S7 was running perfectly.

Today, I tried to update some apps, and a second after I tap the update button, a message pops up saying the (media provider) has stopped unexpectedly. The downloading update is then shown as usual with the animated barber-shop bar, but not the yellow progress indicator. Under the bar it says "Download paused." Paused? It supposed to be downloading! How do you "un-pause?" A few updates seemed to get done and one app was installed, but it took forever to happen.

the most recent thing I installed was Google Voice, which is when things went funny. I uninstalled Google voice with no improvement.

The same thing happens if I try to install something new.

I tried restarting the tab a few times. I looked for a market update. I searched Google help, but the same problem seems to be happening a lot (with purchased apps) with nothing resolved. All the posts I read were about a year old, so I figured this should be fixed by now.

Any ideas? thx

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I think I got it working again.

First I cleared the cache and tried the market - no difference.

Then I uninstalled the recent market updates, to set it back to factory, and not what I was seeing yesterday. It looks different, but works just the same.

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Again I spoke too soon.

My fix was only temporary. As soon as the Market app installs its own updates, the download manager crashes every time, and downloads/updates take a really, really long time to complete.

The message I got is: "The process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again."

Aja

Jan 25, 2011
YES YES. please someone, I am having same exact problem!!! I was thinking it was DroidTv but uninstalled and no change. Anyone??? Thank you Music and sorry my post is not the solution you were probably hoping for.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Just a wild guess, but take a look at /cache and see if there's a bunch of apk files in there

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I finally got in there (I had to download a terminal emulator, and need a lesson on terminal and adb stuff) and I see apk files with names like:

downloadfile.apk
downloadfile-1.apk through downloadfile-9.apk

Does that give you any ideas?

P.S. the TOP command is interesting...

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Run df to see if the cache partition is full.

Delete all those apk files in there.

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I'm clueless about why it won't accept any of the adb commands I made. it was saying "adb not found" or something like that.

Can you suggest an online tutorial for the adb commands using an android terminal emulator?

thx

Last edited:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I don't know how to run adb from a terminal emulator.

All you need to do to show your partition allocation is:
Code:
su
df
To clear...

Code:
su
rm /cache/*.apk
If this does not work, you really need to get alogcat.

Game4set

Dec 2, 2010
Go to Manage applications then press menu to filter all and then find media storage and press clear data. Should fix it.
EDIT: Never mind the problem is back for me :[

Last edited:

KanedaGS

Feb 10, 2011
I'm having the same issue now... Everything was working fine and then this. Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this?

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

Music

Feb 5, 2011
O great...

It's just like using a terminal window from a desktop PC. Try it sometime.

After clearing the cache: 98304 total, 3344 used, 9460 available

And so far things are back to normal again.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
O great...

It's just like using a terminal window from a desktop PC. Try it sometime.

After clearing the cache: 98304 total, 3344 used, 9460 available

And so far things are back to normal again.

Wait so clearing the cache actually worked?

Netcretin

Dec 14, 2010
I'm have same problem. I've tried everything everyone suggested and still getting android.process.media errors on Market downloads. Stock Bestbuy ROM, ROOTED, LINK2SD.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App