Market updat to Google Play

joe935

Jan 18, 2012
This morning My Market app was updated to Google Play and i have lost the Market icon on the home page and i have no Google play Icon nor Market Icon in the apps window.
Any one else have this happen?
I am able to get into Market using "Market" in the upper right hand corner of the Apps window.
I have spoken to Google Help and the problem has been moved up to the Techs. No reply yet.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
The market now called play store in your apps look for app called play store.

aduncan

Mar 8, 2012
Hi

I have a Galaxy 10.1 model number Gt P7500 (under settings, about). i dont have the market icon anymore and if i visit google play via a browser it says my device is incompatible. my device is not listed in compatible devices under google plays list. contacted samsung they said it is a google issue not theirs! sent an email to google no response.

quite unimpressed at this stage. would be interested what happens if you visit google play viaa browser.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Funny, I still have the market on my tablet and when I do search for Google Play it comes up empty?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
Do those of you who can't find the Market/Google Play have rooted tablets? It wouldn't surprise me if the new market is somehow blocking rooted devices.