Marketplace has disappeared

emueyes

Apr 25, 2012
Hi all

I have a Motorola Xoom running its standard 3.2 Honeycomb, no mods of any kind.

Just then I read something online that looked nice for the tablet, so I picked it up, hit marketplace, and it disappeared (the marketplace, that is, not the tablet..) I can't find it in Widgets or Apps, either. I have no idea how to get it back, or, even better, to find out why it disappeared in the first place.

Any help?

Rob

emueyes

Apr 25, 2012
Hi Roroko, thanks for the help.

There was a new widget called 'Play Store' that I found, when I put it on the desktop it installed some extra items, then I was informed that I was now going to be using Google+. And now I have the ugly widget on my desktop, taking up more room than it should, updating itself every few seconds with an advertisement. The store itself looks like the first revision of Metro that got thrown out with the used pizza boxes then brought back as revision two.

And I have to ask in forums when such a large change takes place. No email, no warnings, or opt out chances.

This is a completely inappropriate place to vent my outrage, so apologies to all. and thanks again Roroko for the help. I can't help but wonder though, if your android p*ss*ng on apple might need to be android users p*ss*ng in the wind, if Google carry on like this.

Rob