Marketplace icon disappeared from desk top on LePan 970

tritonx

Jan 16, 2012
I haven't used this tablet much since I got it, but when I looked today for the Market Place on my desk top, I couldn't find it anywhere. Looked in settings to see all applications, but not showing. ?? Where has it gone? Has anyone else had this trouble. I'm posting this from my Macbook as I couldn't get the keyboard to show up on the text body window though I successfully typed in the subject line. No idea what's going on, but Market Place bunk is my main issue.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi tritonx, there was an update to the Google Market and they rebranded it. Now it is called "Play Store" and has a little blue and pink triangle on a white shopping bag icon. It is also listed in the applications in alphabetical order under "P" if you want to find it.I'm not sure about the keyboard not appearing but you are the second person to mention that issue regarding this site so it isn't just you.

JP

J

jimbo7630

J5150P is correct wth the terminology! But I think they DID call it Google.Play for a couple of hours!!

Last edited by a moderator:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
The whole thing has been a little bit of a mess. Google is certainly no Apple or Amazon when it comes to dealing with consumers. In fact I'm not sure Google even realizes they are a retail entity and still just thinks of themselves as a search page that has a few cool toys and interests out side of that.