Marketplace Problem after Rooting my Nook

rhondaweasley

Feb 26, 2011
I've never used anything Android before, but my frinend Chris has and android phone and loves it. A friend of mine sold me on the idea of getting a Nook color as he said it could be easily turned into a droid tablet (which it was). So I rooted my nook color with Honeycomb (via the SD Card) but the only usable thing I get out of my fancy Honeycomb root is a fancy honeycomb rooted via SD, no Marketplace. I've followed several instructions online, but basically my computer refuses to acknowledge the exsistance of the rooted Nook when I hook it up with an SD Card installed. I still don't know how to get the Marketplace to show up on it.

If there's an earlier version of Android with the Marketplace built in that would be easier to root to, I'll gladly take the earlier version of Android as I said this is my first time playing in an android world and I'll right now my Nook is more useful in it's original state than it is when the SD Card Root is installed.

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
When you say you rooted with HC, did you install it internally or is it simply running off the SD card? (if you pull the SD card out and reboot, what do you get?)

Honeycomb is NOT a daily driver yet, and probably won't be for a bit.

Give us a little more information on how you have your NC setup WITHOUT an SD card in it and lets go from there.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I am guessing that this is not a root but booting to HC off the SD. You should definately check out the how to root threads here if that is the case. Yes it will be an earlier version of Android but Market works and well worth it for learning about the Androis OS :)