Mashland Joins

mashland

Dec 7, 2012
A2109 after 4 months of research and testing. My first tab was the Viewsonic G-tab where I got to play with flashing ROMS. I bought my wife a Kindle Fire and she has loved it. But I had a number of tablet requirements, including
SD micro
HDMI out
dual cameras and microphone for skyping my son in Afghanistan
Android 4.0 or better
GPS
Bluetooth

and a few others.

We're big Lenovo fans in our home and business. They make hardware with great components and they're battle ready. Other than building my own, all our computers are Lenovo (or IBM).

Loving, loving my a2019...size is absolutely perfect for my man-sized hands.

My one BIG beef is not having an update to Jelly Bean. Hard to believe Lenovo hasn't given us the upgrade. I am massively disappointed and wondering if Lenovo is going to treat their tablet market different than their other products.
With Jelly Bean I think I'd be good for a couple years with this tablet. Without it, I'll probably sell it and buy something with a current OS.
Hope this forum can help get word to Lenovo that many of us Lenovo tablet buyers are also customers on other products.

Oh, I'm in Portland, Ore.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Welcome. Unfortunately that has been the case with updates even when it comes to big name manufacturers. The best and only reliable way to get updates as they are available is to buy Nexus branded devices from Google. Of course that has drawbacks like the lack of expandable storage.

If you are happy with your tablet otherwise that is what counts.

JP

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Mashland, congratulations on your new Lenovo A2109 and welcome to the forum. Nice of you to become a member of Android Tablets. If you have any questions or need help with that tablet, just click this link to the Lenovo IdeaTab A2109 forum. There's a great group of Lenovo fans like yourself waiting there to greet and help you if they can. Enjoy that tablet and the forum!