Mediapad now advertized in Sweden

poan

Dec 20, 2010
Swedish Telia is now advertizing the mediapad. 2995 SEKS / 425 Usd. 7 inch. 1280x800. 8Mb internal. 6hr battery. Honeycomb. 5Mpixel. Slot for SD/sdhc?. BT. No phone. Mobile network 14 Mbit /s. 802.11.b.g.n. 3.5 mm audio. USB 2.0. 390 grams. In shop this or next week.
P-O

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

dugi

Nov 30, 2011
MediaPad is also available for Orange operator in Slovakia since 15th of November 2011.

Overall impression is really not bad.
But... device can not be rooted so you can not avoid ads etc.

Worse bugs in latest FW I've found are:
- bluetooth and hotspot is not working properly (BT crashes if trying to send from device, hotspot does not send attachments)
- seems it is blocking send/receive any .apk file
- there is some chinese rooted rom but it is risky if we do not speak it :/
- flash sometimes does not display correctly (frames based pages) - but it is no problem to display on my galaxy s2

It could be really great to make it working with gingerbread edition there work 95% of apps.

poan

Dec 20, 2010
Dugal
What do you mean By: can not be rooted? What rooting method do not work?

P-O

poan

Dec 20, 2010
Dugout

So you mean that non of the methods, as superoneclick and so on, not will work on the media pad?
My chineese is poor so your link didn't help me. Thanks anyhow.

I have some ideas about buying one,to replace my S7,104, due to the lower weight, newer operating system. I use my S7 mainly for surfing, navigation and book reading

P-O

dugi

Nov 30, 2011
Chinese FW listed upper takes longer time to download but it is latest origo fw rooted! it works without problem. recommend to install.
it is switched to ENG languague no fear from chinese ;)

Lumpy

Dec 3, 2011
This isn't true anymore since yesterday :) DS7005 from android-hilfe.de has posted the instructions to root it and i translated it to english over at the xda-devs :)
Here you go :) You need a running Linux to perform these steps:I'm not responsible for any damaged or bricked devices! You perfor everything on your own risk! ONLY For the Huawei Mediapad. Don't use this Method for the T-Mobile SpringBoard!

1. Download the Firmware directly from Huawei (26th November 2011)

2. Extract the Firmware-File and extract the 'update.zip'

3. Rename the 'cust.img.ext4' to 'cust.img'

4. Mount the Image as root
Code:
# mount -o rw ./cust.img /mnt/cust

5. Copy the su-binary (you can find it inside the attachment) to 'oversea_hk/preload/fixed/bin'

6. Type the following commands
Code:
# chown -R root oversea_hk# chmod 06755 oversea_hk/preload/fixed/bin/su

7. Inside the folder 'oversea_hk/preload/fixed/bin/' type
Code:
# chmod u+s,g+s su

8. After that, you can unmount the 'cust.img' with
Code:
# unmount /mnt/cust

(The next steps can be done with Windows, too)

9. Now you can flash the Image with fastboot (Shut down your Mediapad and start it with 'Power + Vol-Down'
Code:
fastboot flash cust cust.img

10. After you successfully flashed your device you can reboot it with
Code:
fastboot reboot

For everyone who doesn't want to do all these steps, DS7005 made available an preconfigured cust.img-File. You can download it here.All Credits go to DS7005!

Last edited:

Thanuj

Dec 26, 2011
hi.. thanx for the usefully update... is their any way to do this using windows platform... becouse w i do not have Linux ?

Thanuj

Dec 26, 2011
And also im new comer for this anroid tablets and its cool...... also rooting ...... if any one can plz advice me what are the advantage's and disadvantage's doing rooting and if i do rooting can i make it back to original situationist if i needed to any warranty claim...... also when i buy my android media pad i got free 2gb monthly data bundle for 3 moth and after that i have pay. so if i rooted can i unlock my media pad....also.... plz some one advice me.... im just a new user

Thanuj

Dec 26, 2011
Dear mr.dugi ...can you plz advice me the way that you rootred this mediya pad... plz........

Dugout

So you mean that non of the methods, as superoneclick and so on, not will work on the media pad?
My chineese is poor so your link didn't help me. Thanks anyhow.

I have some ideas about buying one,to replace my S7,104, due to the lower weight, newer operating system. I use my S7 mainly for surfing, navigation and book reading

P-O

Thanuj

Dec 26, 2011
dear Mr.dugi plz advice how did you do that...plz....im just a new comer for this........

user-offline.png

Chinese FW listed upper takes longer time to download but it is latest origo fw rooted! it works without problem. recommend to install.
it is switched to ENG languague no fear from chinese ;)