Medion Lifetab from Aldi

gebie

Dec 31, 2011
I am having difficulty getting the Lifetab to pair with my PC. I get the message "NO DEVICE CONNECTED Your device does not appear to be connected. Please check that your Android Device is connected via the USB and try again." I have tried all the troubleshooting tips and downloaded updated drivers from the Medion website to no avail. Has anybody got any helpful hints. Not able to contact Medion support today and public holiday here tomorrow as well.

wpday08

Jan 2, 2012
"Connect the USB to computer BEFORE you switch on the pad"

May work, please let me know. :)

Last edited:

gebie

Dec 31, 2011
Thanks for the suggestion...I have previously tried firing the tab up already connected to pc with usb cable but you say pull down the notification bar but nothing shows on the notification bar. I have notification bar on bottom right hand corner that shows wifi connection tie etc. Is this where you mean? Please pardon my ignorance but i am all new to this sort of thing.

wpday08

Jan 2, 2012
When you have connected the tablet to the computer via USB, go into "Computer" and access the "LIFETAB_P5914" folder/drive. This is the Lifetab file transfer method.

"after Firmware update, computer will not install a particular driver, but this does not matter"....

LIFETAB SUPPORT

gebie

Dec 31, 2011
Thanks - I have tried that and the pc recognizes that there is something connected but is the wrong type of device. I have then gone into add new hardware click on medion P9514 and it tells me the device is working. I go into troubleshooting but there is nothing there for me to select. I am wondering now if it is all because I am using Windows XP and I need another MTP driver which (after lots of searching on the web) I have found is not available.

Pargadox

Jan 4, 2012
have you tried different usb ports?
and you could try to download the usb drivers for the tablet manually.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

gebie

Dec 31, 2011
i have tried different ports on my computer, different usb leads, different computer with vista operating system and laptop with latest windows operating system. Been searching the web for a solution but can't find. Can you tell me where do I find drivers to install manually thanks. I am very happy about everything else with this tablet....just finding this problem frustrating

hbo2820

Jan 4, 2012
unless you install a specific driver for xp to recognize your MT you will not be able to connect through any usb connection. the solution: go to the Medion homepage, download the usb driver (MEDION - Driver detaljer). when you then get the "found new hw" message, just point to the location where you have extract the driver. once done it will ask for a reboot. Do that and when you connect now you should be able to access your tablet through usb connection

wpday08

Jan 2, 2012
Unit has been tested on Windows 7, which is fully working.

Win XP FIX above, well done. :)

gebie

Dec 31, 2011
success......thank you soooo much. I had given up but decided today to have another look at the forum - followed instructions from hbo2820 and tab and pc now sync :)