Memory in different tablets

generic

Feb 27, 2011
Please help in understanding internal memory....I have a ViewPad 7 that has only 512mb of memory and a 16 gig SD card. It will hold only about eight average apps before instructing me that memory is low and to remove apps to add a new app. Do the new tablets (Iconia A500 for example) hold as many apps as the Ipad I once saw? It has a great many apps installed.
I have tried several times to root, but I can not get either of the two "one click" apps to work??? I really like my ViewSonic 7 and do not want to spend $500 for a newer tablet if it will not handle apps as the Ipad does. Any instruction would be appreciated.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi generic, most Android tablets have sufficient memory for quit a number of apps. Most have 1GB or more of memory for apps. Most apps are only a few MB so this is plenty of space. After that there are options to move apps to a removable SD card which means you can have even more space for apps. Unfortunately Honeycomb does not support this feature and not all tablet manufactures have implemented a way for the SD card to be accessible in this way.

So the short answer is that yes most tablets can run dozens of apps without issue and some (but not all) can use the SD card to fit even more apps than internal storage will allow. There are many options for Android tablets under $500 that will hold as many apps as an iPad.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi generic, welcome to the forum. Nice to have you here as a member of Android Tablets.