Memory problem in MID7048

guardianx

Dec 23, 2012
i got this tablet as an early xmas gift and couldnt stand getjar. i rooted successfully with vampires gapps root package. everything has worked great. over the last two days i have lost access to my sd card. i can download apps just fine from google, but i cant access music or pictures. another gallery has shown up also. i bought another 8gb card and no luck. i stupidly didnt back up before i rooted so going back to factory doesnt change anything. i can find the files on the card in es file explorer, but besides that, i cant do anything with memory.the two storage displays now show one and i am unable to do anything but download apps. is there a way to recover or restore to where i can get access to memory again? i wont be able to get on a computer for a couple days so if i have to wait to download a file i can. thank you

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
i got this tablet as an early xmas gift and couldnt stand getjar. i rooted successfully with vampires gapps root package. everything has worked great. over the last two days i have lost access to my sd card. i can download apps just fine from google, but i cant access music or pictures. another gallery has shown up also. i bought another 8gb card and no luck. i stupidly didnt back up before i rooted so going back to factory doesnt change anything. i can find the files on the card in es file explorer, but besides that, i cant do anything with memory.the two storage displays now show one and i am unable to do anything but download apps. is there a way to recover or restore to where i can get access to memory again? i wont be able to get on a computer for a couple days so if i have to wait to download a file i can. thank you

Just run the unroot script and you will be stock, nothing in the root and gapps script can cause you to loose contact with your sdcard, if you would post exactly what you have done over the two days we might be able to find the cause of your problems.

acidburn23

Dec 3, 2012

hey try this from (vampire) if the 2nd internal was successful back i will do it to :D

To unroot

download unroot_telechips_signed.zip or (unroot_telechips_signed.zip)

place on you sdcard I used internal sdcard at this time I don't have a spare micro sdcard.

rename to update.zip

Settings >Backup & reset > Factory data reset > Reset tablet > Erase everything

after reset complete, tablet will reboot itself

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now

after update complete, tablet will reboot itself

you will now be unrooted with no gapps,

Your tablet is now factory, IE stock, provided you made no other changes to your tablet beyond this thread.

gitdroid

Dec 27, 2012
hey try this from (vampire) if the 2nd internal was successful back i will do it to :D

To unroot

download unroot_telechips_signed.zip or (unroot_telechips_signed.zip)

place on you sdcard I used internal sdcard at this time I don't have a spare micro sdcard.

rename to update.zip

after reset complete, tablet will reboot itself

Settings > About tablet > System updates > Install system update > From internal storage > Install now

after update complete, tablet will reboot itself

you will now be unrooted with no gapps,

Your tablet is now factory, IE stock, provided you made no other changes to your tablet beyond this thread.

This only removes the gplay app functionality. i went to reset the tablet to its factory settings. apparently, my tablet went haywire all of a sudden. my sd card is empty or unmount. i can only download and some of the downloaded apps are not working anymore. so i have to reset to factory settings. prior to this, i also encountered android.app.media stopped working whenever i click on the music app. that's why I unrooted. upon unrooting, the music is now playing and i was able to browse on the sd card. but still some apps are not working. so i have to reset to factory settings.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
This only removes the gplay app functionality. i went to reset the tablet to its factory settings. apparently, my tablet went haywire all of a sudden. my sd card is empty or unmount. i can only download and some of the downloaded apps are not working anymore. so i have to reset to factory settings. prior to this, i also encountered android.app.media stopped working whenever i click on the music app. that's why I unrooted. upon unrooting, the music is now playing and i was able to browse on the sd card. but still some apps are not working. so i have to reset to factory settings.

is factory