menu button doesnt work

mecha2012

Feb 7, 2011
I've upgraded to the Indonesian froyo build rooted with suoeroneclick now my menu button stopped working I'm gonna revert back to 2.1 if possible to see if it is broken hardware wise. I wonder if hiawei cover this under warranty its about 2 months old.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
I would advise you to contact huawei as to warranty coverage....... I have upgraded and redone upgrade to 2.2.2 3 times now and rooted with SOC............... no probs with my menu button...... on desktop one click of menu will bring up lower menu , long press will bring up keyboard like normal.

I would also advise before you contact them.... to reload the original 2.1 rom and make sure your menu button is working OK or doing the same thing after you upgraded to 2.2.2

hope you get it resolved

john9972

Apr 22, 2011
I've upgraded to the Indonesian froyo build rooted with suoeroneclick now my menu button stopped working I'm gonna revert back to 2.1 if possible to see if it is broken hardware wise. I wonder if hiawei cover this under warranty its about 2 months old.

I've sometimes had the same problem. On mine I just select Setup App, then the return arrow, and the menu button starts to work again. I don't think it is a hardware problem.

mecha2012

Feb 7, 2011
I've just downgraded it still doesn't work so Ive called huawei customer Rep and got an rma whew hope they just send me a new one lol but the Guy was really friendly and didn't ask too many questions.

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
I had this problem occur when I upgraded to 2.2.2. I rooted with SOC. Sometimes the menu button works from the homepage, sometimes it doesn't. However, if I start Titanium, then go back to the home page, the menu button works normally. I did not have this with 2.1, so I'm assuming it's a software issue. Not a huge problem, but occasionally annoying.

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
Well, it seems that it always happens when I do a cold start. usually if I select an app, I can then go back to the home page and the menu button will work.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

mecha2012

Feb 7, 2011
I've went bone stock eclair and still doesn't works which I'm assuming its a hardware issue now we'll see what happens when they gets its.