Merimobiles.com

i00jay

Dec 23, 2010
I'm not ok with 90% but whats the alternative? Send it back and wait 3-4 weeks before I hear back from them. Then wait another 3-4 weeks to get a new device that could be worse than the first? I don't have that kind of time to waste. Besides, with the new firmware release yesterday, things have gotten that much better. I reloaded all the apps that didn't previously work. They work fine now. Also, I don't have $550+ for an ExoPC. That's great that you can afford one but I cant. So next time please, if you have nothing helpful or useful to say, keep it moving.

My comment was very helpful, if you can't afford to buy electronics distributed by reputable domestic companies, you WILL run into the frustration that you are feeling.

No consumer should pay for something that doesn't work! PERIOD no matter the cost of the device.

I sent my WPAD back to merimobiles because it's a piece of crap and didn't work. You are right, I have to wait for my refund until they get the unit. Shipping is taking forever! Luckily I put insurance on the unit. Either I get my $$ back from Merimobiles, Paypal, or Canada post.

I'm happy to hear that your device is working better. Lucky for you your and IT expert. Could you imagine someone who doesn't know a thing about software trying to update firmware and reload apps? I guess that is why apple is so popular, it just works!

One last statement, if you don't take comments or criticism very well, don't post all your problems on the web!

techristian

May 7, 2011
I'm in Canada. Merimobile sent my X5A and there were problems from the beginning. The screen kept going black for no good reason. I thought it needed to be reset. That seemed to work a few times, but then the reset button fell out. Then I enquired about returning it .They said it had to be Airmailed to China..!!! That would cost almost as much as a new Android device !! So I took it apart and discovered a loose connection somewhere in the motherboard. (probably another cold solder joint) First I asked Merimobiles to SEND me a new motherboard. They refused. Then I begged them twice to SELL me a new motherboard. They refused.

THIS IS THE WORST SERVICE I HAVE EVER SEEN. THE PRODUCT IS TERRIBLE. THEY DON'T EVEN STOCK REPLACEMENT PARTS.

Dan

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
Ok, I can be a nervous nellie about these things, especially after reading all of the negative posts about Merimobiles. However, I pulled the trigger anyhow as I needed a feature on this particular tablet that was posted on another android review board.

I live in Southern California in the USA and placed my order with expedited shipping via DHL on a Saturday. I used PayPal to pay for my order. There is a time difference of around nine hours or so between myself and Hong Kong so I didn't expect instant results. I was pleasently surprised to find that my order was being processed on Monday.

Wednesday rolls along and I receive an email notifying me that my order has been shipped and I receive a DHL tracking number. I dilligently follow the shipping progress on the DHL website. On Thursday I find that my package had arrived at the DHL Irvine center and was on the courier's truck. My A81H arrives at my doorstep at approximately 5:00PM Thursday evening. Including the weekend days, it only took five days to receive my tablet.

I was very pleased at how quickly I received my tablet from Merimobiles. Thank you!

I'll continue with a review on the Witstech forum.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I just finished not only placing an order with Merimobiles, but changing it at the last minute after placing it.
I was contacted the next day by support, who changed my order and applied the difference to give me expedited shipping.

I bought my Haipad M701-R from them originally and everything went smoothly so I used them again.
Merimobiles has great prices and they worked with me. I can't fault them for anything myself.

(Well, they COULD stop tempting me with new YouTube videos of neat devices, but that's something I don't really want to stop.)

Kchaitu4

May 17, 2011
For the very first time I have placed an order with merimobiles and bought a Herotab MID816. The Website claims to have a unique 1 page checkout system, to get the products quicker than expected, but I have been sent out emails after emails asking me to fill some kind of card authorization form. This form is also asking me to include my utility bill and a scanned copy of my credit card. Is it really safe to send the card details like this? is this a genuine website and doing a genuine business?

I had couple of questions on the product that i pasted and only few were answered only after 2 days of posting it.

Did anyone else also had the same kind of issue with the billing and checkout?

Its already 4days that I have placed my order...and hope to see it asap

whuang1

Jul 9, 2011
I bought a Herotab M10 from Merimobiles in March. After two months of light use, my tablet started showing an error message about damaged/unformatted media, regardless whether there is media in the card reader or not. Tried different cards/reformatting to no avail. Received instructions to send it back to Shenzhen, China. Cost me $25 dollar.

After 1 month, it came back with exactly the same problem. The only change is a banged-up casing with multiple dents. Now Merimobile is denying that the tablet ever had a problem. Claiming it worked in their hands. It seems this tablet only works in Shenzhen, China. These Shanzhai folks forgot to take Customer Service 101 before they opened business in the U.S. Not ready for prime time in my opinion! Buy at your own risk. You have been warned!

cbckaloy

Jul 25, 2011
Philip the sad thing is that your customer service is apalling. I placed an orderon july 17th. I received the standard computer generated reply that the order was received.
Now let me quote the actual emails so everyone can know how pathetic your service is. On the same day I received this cryptic email from Merimobiles. "Hi to ship to a different country you will need to pay via paypal as also the credit card info does not match the billing info we had to reverse the transactoin" So I say to myself, huh?,... sounds to me like they had the billing info correct and for some reason had to reverse my transaction. Merimobiles who are your customer service staff? High school dropouts?

I reply with "Please explain your self better. The billing address is correct for the card I gave you. What do you mean by different country? And if you say the billing info does not match how is it that you had to reverse the transaction. Did you run the card or not? Your message is very cryptic and not very professional. Please explain."

I receive back "Hi sorry about that I wanted to say that the name on the credit card and the billing name are not the same , name on credit card:
Credit Card: Visa
jane doe

name on biling:
Credit Card: Visa
jane doe

billing address in oregan
shipping address in california"

Janey,

Clearly the billing name and the name on the card are the same( I changed them for this post but they were EXACTLY THE SAME). Something in the air wherever these people are? But the amazing part is the person never says what to do about it. No mention of we are cancelling this order "or please perform the following" so we can make it right and help you out. Nothing. After 10 years of retailing on the web I am shocked at this level of ineptitude.

So I can see I am getting nowhere with email and if I don't hold their hands I will never get anything accomplished. I go to their chat. I explain that there seems to be a problem with my credit card info but am not exactly sure what it is. I am told I need to send in an authorization form a copy of may credit card and my id. I do. I wait hear nothing for a day. I get back into chat and find out yes they have received it and my order is approved and it will ship on the following day friday the 22nd. I hear nothing from merimobiles on that day so on monday (today) I start a chat and find out from them my order has been canceled since the 18th. I laugh and ask for a confrimation of the cancellation to be sent to my email. Whoever, responds that it will be no problem and then sends me the visa cancellation info in the chat window. I again ask for it to sent to my email. They comply. Never asked what happened or why we could not work it out or anything. It is clear to me these people have no clue how to do business nor do they actually want to make sales. Definately do not waste your time with these yokels.

Last edited:

fdcuneta

Aug 3, 2011
Hi,

Bought the Herotab M8 3 weeks ago. The reason why I bought is because of the GPS, installed copilot since that is what Philip of Merimobile suggested me that. Installed it and was unsuccessful. I was also told to leave it outside in clear sky for 1 hour, I did even for 2 hours. I even installed apps that will make time to first fix faster for the GPS Fix. Nothing happened. So decided to return it and Philip told me he will give me full refund if there is no physical damage. I also got this problem when I receive the tablet. When I open the tablet the first time, I noticed there's a small scratch on the screen. I tried to feel it and seems like it's inside the screen, since I like the tablet I just decided not to report it. but now that I returned it, they are saying that it was me who did that. I even paid $45 for the expedited shipping to ship it back. When they got the tablet, they said that the GPS is working fine. I'm not sure if they did something to make the GPS work. So now they are going to charge the restocking fee of 20% on my refund. So just a friendly advice, before you decide to buy this item or do business with them, think twice first.

Sep 20, 2010
Hi thank you for all the comments, our goal is to improve the service always and to ensure all transactions are process with the highest security, as protecting our customers information is our #1 priority.

When processing an order the credit card processor will screen the information received to make sure there is no discrepancy in the information the customer uses to make his credit card payment. If the payment processor raises a red flag , we have to act upon it to protect your information and make sure that nobody else is using your credit card. We are in the internet age and as you all know alot of fraud is going on, we follow the payments processors rules and we are strict with credit card processing, so far we have prevented many misuse of credit card information. I know its a procedure you might not like but in this day an age you should be happy that we as a merchant is taking this very seriously.

Reply to : "cbckaloy
Your response to this thread is very misleading as you did not tell the real story here. Its in reference to order# XX868 so you know what im talking about, I will not say your name here. The credit card is under a name ms that differs to the billing name mr. The shipping address differs from the billing address, the payment processor flagged it as moderate risk, so the agent did his job by sending you the credit card authorization form. That's the procedure, for sure we want to make sales, but our #1 priority is to treat people's information with the highest security.

Reply to: fdcuneta
Im very happy that we got to serve you, when we got back your m8, we did not do anything special, we did what i personally told you to do when you claimed the gps was not working. I make sure gps software is installed with the right maps, which is what we did to test your unit, than i said the first time it takes 1 hour to get the signal in clear sky which is what we did(after the first time in seconds it will pick up the signal) and the gps works perfectly on the Unit. Now the return policy is put on the checkout page before you make the payment for the order so we ensure people are aware of the return policy. The item was therefore not returned for a technical issue as per the warranty policy so therefore you are subject to the restocking fee. On top of it the back end of the unit was scratch so we had to also replace the cover and now keep the unit as a testing unit also. After a few emails between me and you I decided to waive the restocking fee as I did say in a previous email you would get a full refund, but of course you did not put this in your reply to this thread.

Reply to: whuang1
Yes you are right when we did get your tablet back, and after numerous test and alot of experience with these units we did not notice anything abnormal with the m10. We took it to the factory as the repairs are not done by ourselves but by the manufacturer they did there test update the unit, they confirmed all was ok with the unit, we got it back tested it confirmed it was ok and shipped it. Ok the unit got damaged in the shipping its unfortunate but this happens. You did resend back the unit and for the inconvenience we agreed to upgrade you to the m10v2 at no extra cost, but of course this is not said in your reply to this thread

All in all whoever you buy from , issues might occur which is normal, but we are more than a willing bunch to try to work things out and come up with solution.

And for peoples security we will continue to be strict with credit card processing as protecting you and others is the most important thing when dealing with online transactions, you might not like it which we understand but these measures are placed to protect your information and the credit card processing companies also will red flag and use protective measures to protect you, which can be not always pleasant but should still be appreciated.

thank you all for your time and your continuous support

Philip

sAw

Aug 28, 2011
Ordered & paid for a t9 tab on 17th Aug, chose to pay extra for shipping upgrade to 6-8 days (Yanwen/Ems Express). Waste of money!
Order was "processing" for 6 days, received tracking info on 23th Aug.(that's 6 days already) It's now the 29th Aug (12 days later) & local tracking says they have only just today "Received Manifest", which means the sender has sent the paperwork indicating a parcel will be sent! Normally means parcel has not left country of origin, or if I'm lucky is on a slow boat somewhere.
So all-in-all don't bother paying for faster shipping. It looks like I'll be lucky to receive the item within 15-20 days from order.
Not quite the 6-8 days quoted. Would have been happy with a few days either side of quoted shipping time, but not this far out.
I realize shipping delays are not the fault of Merimobiles, but quoting 6-8 days for delivery is a bit optimistic when it takes 6 days
to go through "processing".
Hope it's worth the wait.

Shane.

Last edited:

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
Just ordered T7 7in Capacitive 1.2GHz Samsung CPU Android 2.2 HDMI from Merimobiles.com ( link - T7 7in Capacitive 1.2GHz Samsung CPU Android 2.2 HDMI ) on Monday Aug 30 via Airmail. Was told by Online CS that it will take about 3 days to ship and 14 days to arrive to my address in U.S.A. (Louisiana) .

Looking forward to a positive experience with them, and will keep everyone updated in this thread.

Thanks,
Jay

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
UPDATE 1:

Ordered Monday Aug 30 ... received Shipment confirmation today ( Wednesday, Aug 31 )

Hello Jesse,

Your order has shipped.(Order#: ****** placed on 8/28/2011) TRACKING INFORMATION BELOW

To track your package, copy the tracking number and paste it in the correct link:
**Orders valued under 100$ are shipped via Regular mail without tracking number. For these you will get a shipment confirmation number which will look like SZC189315 (3 letters and 6 numbers) these take 14-21 business days for delivery and will be delivered by your national post such as USPS**

Thanks Merimobiles! Will keep this updated....

Jay

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
UPDATE 2:

Checking on my delivery status from Merimobiles, today I was surprised to find this from checking airmail status :

RAxxxxxxxxCN2011departure from outward office of exchange 2011-09-05
RAxxxxxxxxCN2011arrival at transit office of exchange 2011-09-04

Ordered Monday Aug 30
received Shipment confirmation Wednesday, Aug 31
arrival at transit office of exchange Sept 4
departure from outward office of exchange Sept 5

I can hardly wait! If this order turns out good, I am ordering the Flytouch 3 from Merimobiles as well...

Jay

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
UPDATE 3: Today (sept 7) from the USPS website:

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.​
ActivityDate/TimeLocation
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
Processed Through Sort FacilitySeptember 05 2011, 08:48 amBEIJING, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Jay

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
UPDATE 4: Sept 12 from USPS site

xxxxxxxxxxxxhttps://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=RA063892406CN#

Processed through Sort Facility

September 11, 2011, 2:16 pm

BETHPAGE, NY 11714

Registered Mail[SUP]™[/SUP]

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

September 05, 2011, 8:48 am

BEIJING, CHINA PEOPLES REP

YOUR LABEL NUMBER
SERVICE
STATUS OF YOUR ITEM
DATE & TIME

14 days since ordering, so pretty much on schedule.

Its in the States ... I think I will order a 10" tablet also. Any suggestions?

Jay