Merimobiles.com

Galit

Sep 20, 2011
Another Reason To Stay Away from Merimobiles:

These people are quick to make a sale but heaven forbid once your unit breaks down and you have to send it to them in China, good freaking luck.

I recently bought a Witstech A81H+ from these people and soon enough it developed screen problems. I took me forever to get in touch with a human being but finally talked to guy named Philip from Canada and he told me to send it to China where they would take a look at it. China? Uh oh I was telling myself. He sent me the RMA form. Reluctantly I sent the tablet to China via USPS registered mail. I tracked the package and it arrived in China August 18 2011. Two attempts were made on Aug 20 and 21 to deliver the package to Merimobiles. Merimobiles didn't take it. I then tried to contact this Philip guy but instead ended up with a guy named Oliver. I told him that my tablet was waiting at the China Post Office to be claimed. I even sent him .pdf files of the USPS tracking status to help him so he could tell Merimobiles in China what to pick up. Waiting... waiting.... waiting.... nothing, nada, zilch. No follow up, no update. I had to carry this mission of reminding these people and then constantly reminding them for the next 3 weeks asking them what the flock was going on. So much for proactive Customer Care! I was getting all kinds of promises from "don't worry, we never lose a package" and "I'll make sure we'll check everyday" to finally "I don't understand why their not picking it up" Waiting... waiting.... waiting. Turns out I've been waiting for nothing to happen folks. After following up today with USPS, they verified that my tablet was still waiting at the China Post office, waiting for these clowns to pick it up.

The communication gap between the Merimobiles Customer Care in Canada and China is glaring and disturbing.

USPS also advised me that if the item was not picked up after 30 days, which by the way is today, it would be returned to sender. So this is just great. I'm getting back my new, still broken tablet that took a useless trip to China and back. Great display of how you care for customers, Merimobiles!

I paid a lot of money for this piece of crap. So buyer beware. I would take this company's promises with a grain of salt. Sending your newly defective tablet to China for repairs? You might as well be sending it to hell. Moral of the story: Buy local (Newegg, Amazon) and have peace of mind.

I'm happy to report i just persuaded a friend looking for a tablet to avoid your company like the plague. Rightly so.

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
I ordered two T7 tabs on a weekend special from Merimobiles. Price was good for the tabs and 4GB cards, and I received the units in about two weeks, which is pretty average for China shipments.

Both units have technical issues - one screen is defective and the other wifi won't stay connected. Phillip and Oliver have been pretty responsive to my emails, and helped me with new firmware that we hoped would address the issues. The new firmware was not effective however, and I will be using the RMA form they provided to return the items.

Phillip and Oliver both responded to my various emails and were courteous and helpful, but I will say that after I tried the new ROM and it didn't help, they have not been very responsive. However, I had told them that I would return the items if the ROM didn't work and if there was not another one to try.

I think some of the expectations I read in this thread are pretty unrealistic with regards to the time it takes to ship from China. These things are dirt cheap units and being sourced and drop shipped from the Chinese manufactures to your destination is one reason they are. There are issues and risks with this kind of a transaction. So far, Merimobiles has kept up their side of the bargain, and although I am disappointed that the units I got don't work as I expected, a couple of other guys who ordered at the same time and who have kept me updated on their experience have been satisfied.

In my case I will return the defective units for a refund and try a different tablet. I am looking at the A91 from WITSTECH as I have a A81G and have been happy with it, and the support I have received from WITSTECH.

I ordered my A81G from another Chinese reseller called House of DAP, and shipping time was about the same as from Merimobiles. I think if you want to order gear directly from China to save some money, this is just an issue you will have to face up to. It isn't like you are ordering online from WalMart.

I can't defend MM on some of the issues I have read in this thread, but I must say that they have met my expectations up to now. I will post up again with my return merchandise experience.

Dearmantech

Aug 29, 2011
As an update (late update) I recieved my T7 Samsung 7 inch tablet from MeriMobiles after 21 days exactly.

It arrived in very good packaging and everything works great. I also have a unit that is experiencing a wifi issue (it drops its connection every 10 minutes or sooner if streaming), but I have a widget to reconnect quickly.

The updated ROM seemed to fix the issue, but it is back so I feel that it is an issue with firmware. I can also extend the drop time using a wifi app .

This tablet is awesome, although I know that Dans 2 units have problems.

Communication between myself an MM has been good. Support even contacted me with news of a firmware update.

I will be purchasing again soon as I am looking at 10 inch tablets now (since my Wife has taken over my T7)

Thanks Merimobiles for a decent transaction.

Dearmantech

EDIT TO ADD:

Does anyone that owns this tablet have the original Market files I could get from you? Zip and download perhaps?

They are located in the /system/app folder, actually just a copy of this folder would be great ... mine shows to be 18 mb ... That way I can copy the original market and gmail files out of the folder.

I accidentally deleted mine while flashing firmware and I really miss GMAIL and a few other items.

I appreciate it!

If I dont get a reply I will ask MM support for the files... but I know it would be faster from one of you guys ;-)

Jay

Last edited:

IvanTodorov

Oct 24, 2011
Another Reason To Stay Away from Merimobiles:

These people are quick to make a sale but heaven forbid once your unit breaks down and you have to send it to them in China, good freaking luck.

I recently bought a Witstech A81H+ from these people and soon enough it developed screen problems. I took me forever to get in touch with a human being but finally talked to guy named Philip from Canada and he told me to send it to China where they would take a look at it. China? Uh oh I was telling myself. He sent me the RMA form. Reluctantly I sent the tablet to China via USPS registered mail. I tracked the package and it arrived in China August 18 2011. Two attempts were made on Aug 20 and 21 to deliver the package to Merimobiles. Merimobiles didn't take it. I then tried to contact this Philip guy but instead ended up with a guy named Oliver. I told him that my tablet was waiting at the China Post Office to be claimed. I even sent him .pdf files of the USPS tracking status to help him so he could tell Merimobiles in China what to pick up. Waiting... waiting.... waiting.... nothing, nada, zilch. No follow up, no update. I had to carry this mission of reminding these people and then constantly reminding them for the next 3 weeks asking them what the flock was going on. So much for proactive Customer Care! I was getting all kinds of promises from "don't worry, we never lose a package" and "I'll make sure we'll check everyday" to finally "I don't understand why their not picking it up" Waiting... waiting.... waiting. Turns out I've been waiting for nothing to happen folks. After following up today with USPS, they verified that my tablet was still waiting at the China Post office, waiting for these clowns to pick it up.

History repeated - exactly same device A81H+, the same problem with the display, contact with the same people of the Support, same problem with receiving the shipment.
The difference - mine was successfully delivered in two weeks waiting in the post office. Benefits to date exactly zero - now, 7 weeks after delivery, I get all sorts of explanations, but the tablet is still not repaired. This is last e-mail from two weeks ago:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 9:04pm
To: "ivan todorov"
Subject: Re: Re: Re: receive your package
Hi Ivan
thanks for getting back to me

Here is what happened, witstech repaired it, they returned to us it still had some problems, so we sent it back to them , they advise us we will receive it this week, so the latest next week we will ship it back to you , you will get an email from us with tracking number

Thank You
Jay
www.merimobiles.com
Follow us on Twitter
Merimobiles (@Merimobiles) on Twitter

What happens to warranty service on this model? I cannot understand - online store or Wits not fulfill their part of the warranty service? One thing I know - this is my last purchase from this store and this manufacturer!

Last edited:

ageres

Nov 29, 2011
Hey guys, I ordered a Window N50 from MM yesterday.
I'll see how it works with me.
I'm gonna have more posts to show what is this all about.
Let's see what is MM made of...

henrihenry

Nov 29, 2011
i bought a wopad mid m12, my first android ever :) and had a few problems with it, more to do with android itself, but nothing so far i couldnt handle, as far i have worked with it i am very pleased, built quality is very high, you can chat for support or email. for free shipping very fast to, just 2 weeks.

just be careful with their (latest) listed firmware1010, it has no kernel.img inside, so DONT (do not) drop it in the root and install frm the device, use windows RK flash tools, if ya flash frm the root, your gonna hit a the standard android recovery mode wall (error line 7) the wopad m12 has no hard button to scroll trough the blue menu and the hard reset button brings you back in recovery again, so finally i used ADB and DroidExplorer to delete the IMG from the root. luckely the frimware flash it did not wipe, so now am back in firmware 0910 witch has gsensor setting missing and auto rotate does not work. so buying cheap can bring all sort of problems, u have to have some basic linux knowledge to fix issues or your end up paying more by shipping it back for service.

ageres

Nov 29, 2011
Window N50. They sent a traking number on the 3d on december. Although today is the 6th the item is not traced on China track-trace site...
Will wait...

daver7357

Dec 16, 2011
Horrible experience with Merimobiles!

I buy from China, Taiwan and Hong Kong from the US 6-8 times a year. Merimobies is the only one without a clue how to do it.

I tried to purchase (you know gave them money) two Ainol Novo 7 tablets from them at the beginning of November. The website promised on shipment within 2 business days, but it NEVER happened. NO emails from them on status. DEAD SILENCE (I guess they had my money, so why send the product).

3 Weeks later after 3 emails from me they finally fabricated tracking info saying shipping info had been received from the shipper (but no package). Here is the tracking message"U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on November 20, 2011" This was 12 days after the payment had cleared, not 2. Nothing but delay and hassle in getting any information from them. The absolute worst customer service.

6 Weeks later I finally have a refund after letting them know a chargeback from Paypal was my next step.

If I sound pissed, it's because I am. Please reconsider if you are thinking of ordering here. I received nothing but lies, run around, delay and fraud. I gave 4 separate opportunities to fix this situation, and while finally I have a refund, I have no satisfaction and of course no Christmas presents.

Tigret

Dec 19, 2011
I share the frustration as many of you. My Novo7A came with a bad charger. I left voice messages and sent emails for two weeks now. No response whatsoever. When my Novo7A tablet got stuck in Canada Post. I asked them to open a ticket with Canada Post, as that was what CP requested. Merrimobiles offered no help.
My previous purchase with them went quite ok, except for the long wait time for delivery. At least, their Support was responsive then. I would suggest finding another seller.

ledhed69

Dec 16, 2011
ya, i had a novo 8 with screen and start up problems, they tried helpong me via email, but nothign worked, so i returned it to CHINA! hoepfully i get a refund. if they give me troubvle, i'll call visa and have their charge revoked. i wait now.

no sense buying from china or anywhere 'shady'. spend an extra $100 and get a tablet here where service is readily available.

menappi

Dec 29, 2011
After much deliberating and research I decided to pull the trigger on a tablet from Merimobiles [Cube U9GT2]. I see a lot of people on here having problems and I think a large % of those issues are mostly manufacturing issues with the hardware. Did you not think that if something broke you wouldn't have to send it back to China?? Yes, you ordered a tablet from China and shipping will be slow and customer service might not be the best, but what do you expect? That's why you got the cheaper tablet, the more expensive tablets from American companies have ease of access and customer service availability factored into the pricing. Anywho, I'm really hoping this goes well and I will also contribute to this thread to keep everyone aware of what is going on with this retailer. So far , from the initial chat I had with their online system, everything seems fine and I ordered last night.

Hoverbored

Jan 9, 2012
Ordered a Ainol Novo 7 Paladin from MM on Fri Dec 30, 2011 [in honesty, they had mentioned on the page they would not be processing orders again until 1/5/2012]. Got notification of shipping Fri Jan 6, 2012 - OK, right there, a solid day late [they are AHEAD of the US date/time wise].

Did NOT pay extra for expedited delivery [beginning to wonder about the wisdom of that]. There is some goofy track-trace/EMS that doesn't really find the package at all [I'm still hopeful the word is - "yet"], as of Monday Jan 9, 2012.

MM - If you are listening, bad sign when YOU say it left your warehouse, and the customer can't see that it did. I realize that is the shipper's issue, but perhaps you could boost confidence by choosing a different, more up-to-date shipper? I didn't want to drop 10-20% of my item cost into shipping to see the package in 3-6 days [being 50+yrs, I have learned the lessons of deferred gratification], but I WOULD have paid $5 more to have confidence in the shipper. I will hold my opinion till I see more [or don't].

Will try to keep the board here posted when I get first glimmer of shipping actually having occurred. FACT: 4 days and counting from drop notification, and it does not show any sign of my package or it's movement. What I can get tells me to try to re-enter my number again [I figured that out with a cut/paste to Google Translate, thank you very much!]. Since I cut/pasted what you gave me, I definitely got it right.

Kristie_L

May 10, 2011
I am right there with you. I ordered a Ainol Paladin and have a shipped date of Jan. 6th. My number also goes to nothinf. I also went with airmail but can't find it. :( Please keep updating as will I.

kelf

Jan 11, 2012
I ordered a novo8 from Nov 29. Still didn't get it last week. Found out they didn't even ship it at all. They said they shipped it Jan 9th by USPS. Still no tracking yet showing up on USPS website :( Support is not too helpful at all. Email takes more than a few days. Communication between China and Canada merimobiles is slow