Merimobiles.com

Hoverbored

Jan 9, 2012
OK, gang - Last night (Wed Jan 11, 2012), I finally was able to follow the shipping/tracking link to see that my Ainol Novo 7 Paladin had moved thru [in/out] some station. The value of that information is generally, well useless, OTHER THAN - it does indicate to me that - maybe - it is out of their warehouse and 'moving'. A piece of good news, for which I certainly am thankful.

menappi

Dec 29, 2011
I was int he same position as everyone above. Ordered my tablet on Dec 28th, got shipping confirmation on Jan 5th but couldn't track anything. I didn't pay for upgraded shipping and kept the free EMS, tracked it everyday but the number was never updated. This isn't Merimobiles fault this is USPS's issue, they don't track packages they just confirm the delivery. Anyways, I was very skeptical about everything and what do you know, today my tablet arrived! Everything looks perfect and it only took 2 weeks to get from China to New York City. In the end I'm very happy with everything, even if their communication wasn't the best and the tracking info sucks. Plus, the tablet I got (cube u9gt2) is awesome. The build quality on this thing is crazy, China is definitely coming up in terms of quality and value. The unit is VERY solid, all metal construction, metal buttons, no slack, everything is very tight and in tolerance. Would definitely order from Merimobiles again. Just make sure you pay using PayPal so that if there are any issues you an instantly initiate a dispute/claim.

menappi

Dec 29, 2011
OK, gang - Last night (Wed Jan 11, 2012), I finally was able to follow the shipping/tracking link to see that my Ainol Novo 7 Paladin had moved thru [in/out] some station. The value of that information is generally, well useless, OTHER THAN - it does indicate to me that - maybe - it is out of their warehouse and 'moving'. A piece of good news, for which I certainly am thankful.

Don't expect much from the tracking. It's most likely definitely on it's way over. If you wanted to track the package you should have bought the extra DHL/UPS/FEDEX optioned shipping, USPS doesn't track. I wouldn't worry about it though. I was checking my tracking everyday and it never changed, it only said that the shipper information was received and it was being 'processed'. Well it said that last night and today my tablet came.

menappi

Dec 29, 2011
I just noticed this on their website about their 'USA Repair Facility' so American customers don't have to send the unit back to China, not sure what it means exactly but it makes me feel a little more confident. I can't tell if you have to pay for this USA 'warranty' or if it's included with the regular warranty.

Help: Answer

DanU

Mar 4, 2011
I have had very good experience with Merimobiles. I ordered a couple of tablets back in October on a weekend special they had. I received the tablets pretty quickly considering they shipped from China. However, upon using the tablets, the WIFI didn't stay connected, and the capacitive screen on one unit just didn't work. I contacted Merimobiles support, and was given options for resolution.

I decided to exchange my purchase for a different brand of tablet with similar features. They were slightly more expensive, but also more feature rich. I shipped the defective tablets back to MM, and was credited the shipping fee (over $50) back into the exchange.

My replacement order arrived very quickly, and I am very happy with the product received. Merimobiles took great care to ensure that I was satisfied (I am) with my purchase. For having to drop ship gear from China, this transaction went as smoothly and quickly as it possibly could have. I am happy with my tablets and have a level of trust for Merimobiles. I will do business with MM again, when the time comes, and have also recommended them to my friends and family (they like the tablets too).

Kristie_L

May 10, 2011
My experience has turned out to be positive. I ordered a Paladin on Jan.9 and received it on the 17th. I was able to track through USPS the last few days. Tablet is great for my needs. I did have to remove Chinese language apps and have Market and Amazon. I cannot figure out their web site but am working on it :)

Hoverbored

Jan 9, 2012
OK, gang, have had the unit a full week. Notes from the field...

Agree with Kristie_L, Chinese apps had to go... Tried them, but they were incomprehensible. Did manage to get Android Market and Amazon Market working, and brought down my 'usual' apps - or shall I say most of them.

A few of the really important ones (to me) are not functioning or not even available. Netflix (think this is primarily Netflix fault), but also one or two main Google apps! Youtube viewer seems to be unavailable. No Firefox for Android, though Opera does work (Default browser is - "serviceable"). Amazon Kindle app has worked well. One I had actually invested in was PhoneMyPC loads but has not worked right, though may be a setting issue on my part. Had some odd issues with viewing emails in the default email viewer, and many apps seem to just use the default viewer for looking at received email. Found K-9 that does not use the default email as it's base, so bypassed that. As long as it is not grossly overloaded [Advanced Task Killer to the rescue! Super Task Killer included seems to bog with all the other apps, so is a bit useless], unit works fairly quickly, but no speed demon.

One other thing, unlike my phones, tablet will not completely charge overnight while turned on. A WALL CHARGER IS *NOT* PROVIDED, just a Mini-USB to USB charger/sync cable (yes, Mini-USB like digital cameras, not Micro-USB like most new cellphones). To get a full charge, I must be completely shutoff to get a full charge in 6-8hrs [from same model 1+amp USB charger that charges my iPhone, so a good supply of juice is being provided, not just USB's spec of 500ma]. Turned on [as it would have to be to function as an alarm clock] it only gains 30-50% charge in 6-8hrs. Syncing with some PC's doesn't seem work, seems a driver issue... So far, have NOT had the issue of dropping off the wireless connection that others have mentioned. Connection has seemed pretty solid.

I purchased the keyboard case, worked for a few days, now keyboard does not seem to function right. Won't fuss with China over this, too small a dollar value to potentially hassle with tech support for weeks to replace. Reminder, keyboard turns itself on, but must manually turn off external keyboard on the tablet, or on-screen keyboard will not automatically go back into use. Also bought the capacitive screen gloves, not worth the money, as they were very small for having ordered a 'large' size. Would have been about right for a 10-yr old here in the US. Rediculous for all but the most dainty of female hands, amongst all the females that I know. Absurd on me, a middle-aged man.

My impression overall, to be fair: OK, not great. Surprising how many apps are unavailble. I'm guessing some of this may even be Android 4 / ICS, but not a good showing. Perhaps upgrades in ICS and beyond may improve things. Certainly a nice e-reader(+), but needs some polish. On 1 to 10 scale, maybe a 6, perhaps a 7. I was NOT expecting an iPad... but I was expecting a larger, more updated version of my 1ghz Android phone, in respect to Android functionality [no, I was also NOT expecting 3G, calls, or bluetooth, hardware is not there for that, those things were never on my list]. I have yet to see that dream even close to realized.

Will try to check in from time to time, to check the progress of others, and to compare notes.

Brone

Jan 26, 2012
I ordered the Novo 7 elf on Jan 16th, says it will ship after the new year.

Does anyone know if i would still get a refund with paypal if the pad arrives damaged/broken? Because with the free shipping
it might pass the paypal's 45day refund limit

Kristie_L

May 10, 2011
Well I have to say I am less then impressed with this Paladin. I am having a hard time finding apps that work. Seems like everything I download - not compatible. I cannot connect it to my PC, Windows 7 does not recognize it in any of the usual places I would look (My Computer, search). I am not a computer wizard by any means but was hoping I could manage this. I am going to try to download a movie to see what happens. Apparently I have no flash player and Adobe doesn't want to give me one so now what????

dfranz

Mar 11, 2011
Merimobiles is based in Canada, I thought? Interesting.

No, China, but they give the appearance that they have products in Canada, but every tablet I questioned them on they said shipped from China- I am in Toronto and any issues I could not ship to their Canadian office I would have to ship back to China.-

Brone

Jan 26, 2012
Well I have to say I am less then impressed with this Paladin. I am having a hard time finding apps that work. Seems like everything I download - not compatible. I cannot connect it to my PC, Windows 7 does not recognize it in any of the usual places I would look (My Computer, search). I am not a computer wizard by any means but was hoping I could manage this. I am going to try to download a movie to see what happens. Apparently I have no flash player and Adobe doesn't want to give me one so now what????
It's a cheap xburst processor with very very limited apps available. Try searching for APK files on the net that are compiled and working with the xburst processor

Last edited:

dcsipe

Jan 26, 2011
Found this thread after I placed my order, so I'm interested to see how things turn out. Ordered the Ainol Novo 7 Elf. I'll keep updating on how things eventually pan out. Ordered on Feb 6th, website said to allow a week for processing. Also want to note that the website only depicts an Elf with all black plastic housing.

After a week has passed with no shipment confirmation, I inquired support about the status of my order. Received an email within 24 hours stating that they only had the Elf with a White backing instead of black, but if I wanted the white they'd ship it today. They said the black would be in stock in about a week. No problems there really, because I don't care all that much about the color of the back. I was perturbed because if they had white ones, why not offer that to me in the first place, especially since they aren't shown on the site??

Also, perturbed because when I ordered, THIS was flashing on the site:
$ScreenShot004.jpg

I kind of assumed that if they're advertising that it's in stock, well, you know, that it's IN STOCK!

Told them as long as the hardware specs were the same as the black, then to go ahead and ship the white. I asked about having a case or at least upgraded shipping thrown in for the misinformation on the website, and lack of communication on letting me know I had another option. We'll see though, I'm just ready to have it shipped out to me.

Will update when I receive my tablet!

Also...this has nothing to do with my experience thus far, but I found it amusing. Even though the list price for this is $249.99, they'll give it to you for a steal at $1239.99!! I thought it may have been just a typo, but if you add it to your cart it really adds it at $1239.99.
$ScreenShot003.jpg

dcsipe

Jan 26, 2011
Status update:
Received replies within 24 hours each time. They shipped out today and threw in a free 8GB SD. Will post another update when I have the tablet in hand!

Brone

Jan 26, 2012
Status update:
Received replies within 24 hours each time. They shipped out today and threw in a free 8GB SD. Will post another update when I have the tablet in hand!
Free sd card? dayum... For what?