Merimobiles.com

singsong

Sep 22, 2010
I bought Wis A81E tablet. Probably is not the availability of this item in merimobiles, but the problem is that does not communicate anything if after repeated reminders.

gbrooks

Sep 23, 2010
My experience with merimobiles.com and Philip. Just the facts - I will let y'all decide if they are someone you want to do business with.

8/27: Ordered a Witstech A81E with all the upgrades (GPS, extra battery, car mount).
8/31: Email from Philip that it has shipped with a FedEx tracking number. According to FedEx it was being shipped out of Dorval, QC, Canada.
9/1: Email from Philip telling me my battery and car mount shipped separately, ETA 10 days.
9/1: FedEx website reports "Clearance Delays".
~9/10: Car mount and battery arrive via USPS from Hong Kong.
9/13: FedEx website reports "Unable to deliver shipment, return to shipper".
9/13: A call to FedEx (Shawn George - 877-602-1166 x3091) told me US Customs has questions about its declared value, refused entry and FedEx is sending it back to the shipper.
9/13: Emailed Philip asking what is going on.
9/14: A few entries on FedEx website: On FedEx vehicle for delivery, Delivery exception, Incorrect address - Recipient moved, Delivered, Delivered to recipient at FedEx Facility. All while in Dorval, QC, Canada (suppose to be delivered to Flagstaff, AZ, USA).
9/14: Email from Philip telling me is was blocked at customs, will ship another tomorrow and this happens to less then 1% of orders.
9/16: Emailed Philip asking for tracking number
9/16: Email from Philip saying when reshipped will provide tracking number and the are using a different shipping courier.
9/20: Emailed Philip asking if the item has been reshipped. I also stated "I am considering cancelling and ordering somewhere else."
9/20: Email from Philip saying it has been reshipped, ETA is Wed/Thur and a DHL "Tracking Number".
9/20: Checked DHL website with "Tracking Number". Number wasn't tracking number by "Shipper Reference". Status: Shipment information received - Location: Hong Kong
9/21-9/23: Checked DHL website - still "Shipment information received" status.
9/23: Called DHL. DHL says a shipping label has been generated but the package hasn't been picked up yet.
9/23: Emailed Philip stating what I know so far, asking how he is going to remedy this and "I await your response before I decide to cancel my order or not".

My Opinion:

The Good: Philip has been responsive, understanding and polite to my emails.
The Bad: Almost a month and no product.

In short - Philip/Merimobiles.com seem nice, are responsive to emails and have good prices, but I am still waiting for my product.

I hope my story is the exception and not normal.

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
My a81e just shipped wed. And is already in my home state ande heading this way. Once an item has shipped from merimobiles via DHL, it moves quick. Hopefully I will see it either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Sent from an unknown destination from my droid using teh intarnetz!

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
My a81e just shipped wed. And is already in my home state ande heading this way. Once an item has shipped from merimobiles via DHL, it moves quick. Hopefully I will see it either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Wow that's freaking quick!

Flyingtom

Sep 21, 2010
Not very helpful with questions at all.
Purhased a Haipad MID 701, it is a nice tablet but they don't know anythimg about what they are selling.
I plan on using it while traveling and need a broadband modem stick, they had no idea, they said try this and that
Right, like I'm going to buy 2-3 modems until I find one that will work.
Don't expect any after purchase support of any value

When you flash your haipad with the new firmware released by Haipad, they get usb 3G-modem support for some huawei models. usbmodems, i'm not sure right now but i have to look it up.
the rom release is called 0918PM15.rar and on your unit it is #121. google fore these and you will end up with this release.
Good luck

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
Anyone expecting a package in Houston, TX? If so, PM me as I have a reference number for a package going there, when I live in Toledo,OH. Apparently there is either a mixup with reference #'s, or my wits is on its way to Texas at this moment!

singsong

Sep 22, 2010
My experience with merimobiles.com and Philip. Just the facts - I will let y'all decide if they are someone you want to do business with.

8/27: Ordered a Witstech A81E with all the upgrades (GPS, extra battery, car mount).
8/31: Email from Philip that it has shipped with a FedEx tracking number. According to FedEx it was being shipped out of Dorval, QC, Canada.
9/1: Email from Philip telling me my battery and car mount shipped separately, ETA 10 days.
9/1: FedEx website reports "Clearance Delays".
~9/10: Car mount and battery arrive via USPS from Hong Kong.
9/13: FedEx website reports "Unable to deliver shipment, return to shipper".
9/13: A call to FedEx (Shawn George - 877-602-1166 x3091) told me US Customs has questions about its declared value, refused entry and FedEx is sending it back to the shipper.
9/13: Emailed Philip asking what is going on.
9/14: A few entries on FedEx website: On FedEx vehicle for delivery, Delivery exception, Incorrect address - Recipient moved, Delivered, Delivered to recipient at FedEx Facility. All while in Dorval, QC, Canada (suppose to be delivered to Flagstaff, AZ, USA).
9/14: Email from Philip telling me is was blocked at customs, will ship another tomorrow and this happens to less then 1% of orders.
9/16: Emailed Philip asking for tracking number
9/16: Email from Philip saying when reshipped will provide tracking number and the are using a different shipping courier.
9/20: Emailed Philip asking if the item has been reshipped. I also stated "I am considering cancelling and ordering somewhere else."
9/20: Email from Philip saying it has been reshipped, ETA is Wed/Thur and a DHL "Tracking Number".
9/20: Checked DHL website with "Tracking Number". Number wasn't tracking number by "Shipper Reference". Status: Shipment information received - Location: Hong Kong
9/21-9/23: Checked DHL website - still "Shipment information received" status.
9/23: Called DHL. DHL says a shipping label has been generated but the package hasn't been picked up yet.
9/23: Emailed Philip stating what I know so far, asking how he is going to remedy this and "I await your response before I decide to cancel my order or not".

My Opinion:

The Good: Philip has been responsive, understanding and polite to my emails.
The Bad: Almost a month and no product.

In short - Philip/Merimobiles.com seem nice, are responsive to emails and have good prices, but I am still waiting for my product.

I hope my story is the exception and not normal.

It's incredible!
After the third number of shipping wrong I open a dispute with paypal to block the payment.
After opening the practice Philip immediately responded with a new tracking number......from a shipment that is not mine!!
Be careful guys! I think the site is a scam, has an ungodly and frankly I matter little that Philip is honest responses

I'll keep you updated

MacArrow

Sep 20, 2010
[Update_3] This shipping number I was given shows that the package was delivered somewhere else. Waiting for reply from Philip.

But it feels like there is only one advice I can give now: STAY AWAY FROM MERIMOBILES!

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
[Update 3] With now 18 days elapsed since my order was placed, I was given the incorrect shipping # at first. After contacting "Support" yesterday about the whole ordeal, my order is "actually shipped" according to merimobiles website, but, the real kick in the bag is, now they are on holiday in china. So, I will not see my tablet for another week, plus shipping time. Philip is a nice guy, but at this point, I can honestly say I can't recommend attempting to purchase anything from there. Smoke and mirrors seems to be the name of the game here and making the customer hear what they want, rather than producing results or being honest.

I do have to agree with MacArrow on this one:
But it feels like there is only one advice I can give now: STAY AWAY FROM MERIMOBILES!

MacArrow

Sep 20, 2010
[Update_4] After opening the dispute on paypal I've received new tracking number almost immediately. So if you bought something form them do not waste time writing e-mails to support open the dispute and you will not have to wait months before shipment.

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
Make sure you read over the destination of the tracking number... when I got mine it was for a shipment to someone else besides me (who got their new toy today).

singsong

Sep 22, 2010
Make sure you read over the destination of the tracking number... when I got mine it was for a shipment to someone else besides me (who got their new toy today).

after opening the dispute merimobiles write me a new tracking number....but for another city (and another person)!!!
He absolutely does not know who is sending the shipping! It's incredible!!

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Ok so I still have my bricked/defective G10 APAD with me, ready to be shipped back to China tomorrow. Now after reading some of the newer posts, should i just return it and get my money? Or should i just wait for a new G10 to come in? Now its just got me really thinking about what's going on! Oh i'm not sure if it makes a difference, but i paid with a debit card. Ugh.

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
A quick heads up is that they are on holiday soon, it may yake longer than expexted