Merimobiles.com

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
Well, a positive note on my order is that it has made out of china before the bloody holiday. I *should* see it early next week.

Sent from an unknown destination from my droid using teh intarnetz via tapatalk!

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Well, a positive note on my order is that it has made out of china before the bloody holiday. I *should* see it early next week.

Sent from an unknown destination from my droid using teh intarnetz via tapatalk!

Woo another success story! You're lucky actually because I asked if they could ship out one to me before the holiday started and apparently it already has started. I just hope your tracking number is correct!

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

my0wnr4pture

Sep 29, 2010
Did a skype chat with someone from Merimobiles, looks like I'll be doing a replacement, as they promise to ship the replacement unit once they get the tracking number, not when it arrives. Thats the first light of hope I've seen....until, however, I was informed that they can ship nothing til Oct. 6th. :mad: Damn Chinese holidays! Ugh! I've already waited a month, its gonna be another or at least a month and a half until I finally get my tablet!

Something I forgot to mention: the 8gb card that care with my tablet was also damaged and unusable. It seems like nearly everything I was shipped was broken, so THAT needs to be sent back too.

WEF100

Sep 15, 2010
I just ordered and received a G10 from Merimobiles. It took 8 days from order to arrival in Georgia (US). The device works flawlessley. The videos and games work well and the screen is very responsive. The USB works as it should- I have aused a USB keyboard with it. I am very pleased.

singsong

Sep 22, 2010
big big big disappointment

the tablet has arrived with the broken display, touch screen not work.
This is the worst thing that could happen

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
I just ordered and received a G10 from Merimobiles. It took 8 days from order to arrival in Georgia (US). The device works flawlessley. The videos and games work well and the screen is very responsive. The USB works as it should- I have aused a USB keyboard with it. I am very pleased.

Wow 8 days? Freaking incredible! And works perfectly? I guess you're really lucky! I envy you, but at least there's been some nice stories lately with Merimobiles.

MacArrow

Sep 20, 2010
[Update_5] Today after 22 days I got my tablet from DHL depo after paying almost CAD14 custom duties. It took them 3 days to deliver it from HK to Canada, 4 email requests, 2 different tracking numbers and 19 days to ship. To be honest according to the tracking info it was shipped the day before I went to paypal to open a dispute but I've received the tracking number after opening the dispute. Well, now it's over, lesson learned.

Sploddy

Sep 29, 2010
I recently had dealings with Merimobiles, Philip there is very helpful. They ship all their stuff from Hong Kong which comes from the factories in Shenzan in mainland China. I purchased the Haipad 701-R which turned out to be a real lemon and I am returning it for a refund. (see my post in newcomers Haipad 701-R disasterous) The camera was even reversed taking back to front images, plus several other faults. They have approved a refund/change/repair and sent me an RMA number I'll take the money.
Dave

Sep 20, 2010
Hi this is Philip from merimobiles, i did take time to read all the comments and I would like to shed some light. First our gaol is to ship out all packages as fast as possible, we are here to satisfy our customers.

First yes i did mention that 99% of the orders are delivered within the advertised time on our website. There is alot of packages being shipped for the majority the process goes by smoothly. Unfortunately it does happen that others packages encounter problems or delays. We do offer a compensation when needed.

Shipping: We have our office/warehouse in Shenzhen, we use DHL HongKong, what does that mean, It means that when you receive your tracking number the package is already shipped from our office in Shenzhen, from there it takes 2 business days to reach HongKong and than pass the HongKong customs. Once it passes the HongKong customs the package is than entered in the DHL system. (Although we shipped it from our office in Shenzhen 2 days ago. Reason im specifying this is that some people have claimed that we gave out fake tracking numbers. It is not fake , it has to be tracked as a reference and 48hours after its given It will updated in the DHL website. it like that for all packages ship by DHL Hongkong from Shenzen.

If a package arrives DOA which can happen as we are not in a perfect world, whether it be a high end electronic product to a entry level product these things do happen. Most of the time the DOA is cause by mishandling packages at the shipping companies. We do test all products before we shipped them out. I do alot of buying online like most of you do and these things do happen sometimes, but this is why warranty and return policies exist.
And I have to say our return policy is respectable and we do honor it, not many website will reship a new product without having the defective one back like we do.

Reply to : gbrooks
What you forgot to mention is that the order was shipped from our Canadian office on time by fedex Canada, the package got stuck at the US customs. What we did is we reshipped another one but this time from our Shenzhen office, I did not decide to give you a tracking number when you opened a paypal dispute. As explained above after 48hours the tracking number is updated and it happened the day you opened the dispute and this is why you got it on that day.

Giving a bad tracking number and or misleading a customer is the last thing we would want to do, as its really not in our best interest to do so. We want to be the #1 source tablets and keep a good relationship with the community.

Wistech Situation shedding some light
As we all know the Wistech is very popular at the moment, Wistech is having a hard time to keep up with the demand.

I cannot comment for other suppliers/sellers, but here is the experience that we got due to lack of supply we did get batches with missing batteries and car mounts and stuff like that from Wistech. However I personally notified our customers about the delay and offered a 8GB memory card in compensation. There has also been delays to the 2 past holiday that we had (the autumn festival holiday) and now we are on the national day holiday. I Philip am in Charge of shipping at Merimobiles, when an issue arises i take full responsibility for it and compensate our customers when needed, if there is anything please feel free to contact us, either by live chat, email or by phone.

And all our customers that have been affected by it have been offered a 8GB memory card as compensation or the choice to cancel the order.
What many people won't mention when they complain is that they were offered a compensation and accepted it.

I though Id answer to the thread as our intention is to serve the community with the best of our abilities, sometimes things don't go as smoothly as we'd like just like anything in life, but I guarantee that we give our 100% to each and everyone of you to resolve issues when they arise.

thank you and great forum

Cheers

Philip

MacArrow

Sep 20, 2010
...And all our customers that have been affected by it have been offered a 8GB memory card as compensation or the choice to cancel the order. What many people won't mention when they complain is that they were offered a compensation and accepted it.
Can confirm: I was offered 8GB SD card and I did receive it with the tablet

...I cannot comment for other suppliers/sellers, but here is the experience that we got due to lack of supply we did get batches with missing batteries and car mounts and stuff like that from Wistech. However I personally notified our customers about the delay
It sounds like my case was a kind of exception then: I had to request the status of my order and every time reply was "Sorry for delay will ship it tomorrow" and nothing about actual issues and real estimations for the shipment.

Last edited:

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Hi this is Philip from merimobiles, i did take time to read all the comments and I would like to shed some light. First our gaol is to ship out all packages as fast as possible, we are here to satisfy our customers.

First yes i did mention that 99% of the orders are delivered within the advertised time on our website. There is alot of packages being shipped for the majority the process goes by smoothly. Unfortunately it does happen that others packages encounter problems or delays. We do offer a compensation when needed.

Shipping: We have our office/warehouse in Shenzhen, we use DHL HongKong, what does that mean, It means that when you receive your tracking number the package is already shipped from our office in Shenzhen, from there it takes 2 business days to reach HongKong and than pass the HongKong customs. Once it passes the HongKong customs the package is than entered in the DHL system. (Although we shipped it from our office in Shenzhen 2 days ago. Reason im specifying this is that some people have claimed that we gave out fake tracking numbers. It is not fake , it has to be tracked as a reference and 48hours after its given It will updated in the DHL website. it like that for all packages ship by DHL Hongkong from Shenzen.

If a package arrives DOA which can happen as we are not in a perfect world, whether it be a high end electronic product to a entry level product these things do happen. Most of the time the DOA is cause by mishandling packages at the shipping companies. We do test all products before we shipped them out. I do alot of buying online like most of you do and these things do happen sometimes, but this is why warranty and return policies exist.
And I have to say our return policy is respectable and we do honor it, not many website will reship a new product without having the defective one back like we do.

Reply to : gbrooks
What you forgot to mention is that the order was shipped from our Canadian office on time by fedex Canada, the package got stuck at the US customs. What we did is we reshipped another one but this time from our Shenzhen office, I did not decide to give you a tracking number when you opened a paypal dispute. As explained above after 48hours the tracking number is updated and it happened the day you opened the dispute and this is why you got it on that day.

Giving a bad tracking number and or misleading a customer is the last thing we would want to do, as its really not in our best interest to do so. We want to be the #1 source tablets and keep a good relationship with the community.

Wistech Situation shedding some light
As we all know the Wistech is very popular at the moment, Wistech is having a hard time to keep up with the demand.

I cannot comment for other suppliers/sellers, but here is the experience that we got due to lack of supply we did get batches with missing batteries and car mounts and stuff like that from Wistech. However I personally notified our customers about the delay and offered a 8GB memory card in compensation. There has also been delays to the 2 past holiday that we had (the autumn festival holiday) and now we are on the national day holiday. I Philip am in Charge of shipping at Merimobiles, when an issue arises i take full responsibility for it and compensate our customers when needed, if there is anything please feel free to contact us, either by live chat, email or by phone.

And all our customers that have been affected by it have been offered a 8GB memory card as compensation or the choice to cancel the order.
What many people won't mention when they complain is that they were offered a compensation and accepted it.

I though Id answer to the thread as our intention is to serve the community with the best of our abilities, sometimes things don't go as smoothly as we'd like just like anything in life, but I guarantee that we give our 100% to each and everyone of you to resolve issues when they arise.

thank you and great forum

Cheers

Philip

Thank you very much for the information Phillip. I think it has shed some light about the process it takes to get the product to the customers. I think you should add some of that information on the Merimobiles website shipping page so people have a better sense of how long it might take for them to receive their products.

As for myself, I wonder what sort of compensation I will receive as per the shipping my APAD back with my own money as well as all the misunderstandings.

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Can confirm: I was offered 8GB SD card and I did receive it with the tablet

It sounds like my case was a kind of exception then: I had to request the status of my order and every time reply was "Sorry for delay will ship it tomorrow" and nothing about actual issues and real estimations for the shipment.

I too, accepted an 8GB memory card and received it with my bricked APAD. Thank you for that Phillip. But the reason for that memory card was for the fact that the original order I placed, a Herotab RK7 with Gsensor, actually didn't have a Gsensor. So it was basically to fill in the remainder of the amount I already paid.

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
(Update 4) well, its in the united states, it was attempted delivery to 2306 when my address is 2036. DHL has gotten the correct address after a phone call and I should see it Monday. Here's to hoping that it does not suffer the same fate as the others recently received!

singsong

Sep 22, 2010
Did a skype chat with someone from Merimobiles, looks like I'll be doing a replacement, as they promise to ship the replacement unit once they get the tracking number, not when it arrives. Thats the first light of hope I've seen....until, however, I was informed that they can ship nothing til Oct. 6th. :mad: Damn Chinese holidays! Ugh! I've already waited a month, its gonna be another or at least a month and a half until I finally get my tablet!

Something I forgot to mention: the 8gb card that care with my tablet was also damaged and unusable. It seems like nearly everything I was shipped was broken, so THAT needs to be sent back too.

I'm in the same situation. But DHL shipping is much expensive: 102 €!!
Philip say me to ship with ordinary mail.

Rodriguezem

Oct 4, 2010
I bought an A81-E from Merimobiles.com and the experience, (lucky for me) it was good. Tooks about 9 labor days to arrive. I'm still playing with the A81-E and so far so good. My only concern was the package. I swear it was use as a ball in a Futball play before it was ship to my door. Not sure if it was DHL fault or Merimobiles shipped it that way. The unit itself was in good conditions. No Instruction manuals (any way I don't need it since I used other tablet before). The power Cord was European version but they shipped it with a US power converter. Shipping Cost should be cheapper. After a week of order it, I ask for a tracking number and in less than couple hours they email to me with the information. Overall Im very please with the transaction.
By the way, I live in Puerto Rico (Caribeean). Don't know why, but usually items from China, Japan, and other oriental places, arrive very fast to the island, usually less than a week. (this time take 9 days, and still good enough for me).