Merimobiles.com

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
(Update 5) After multiple calls to and from dhl, we have finally got everything sorted with the address situation and I should be seeing my tablet tomorrrow ( Tuesday). I actually had to speak with someone at the dhl research group to finalize everything and the last 2 people I hagve spoke with have been very appologetic about the delays (even when it was the shippers error with mis-spellings/wrong address'). Again, here's to it getting to me in working order and minimal more problems!

Sent from an unknown destination from my droid using teh intarnetz via tapatalk!

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
(Update 6(The final update)) As of 10:45a est, my A81E has arrived in my hands! My fears were qualmed when I opened the tight packaging, opened the retail box which showed a bit of wear and tear in transit, and opened my Wits case to see my new toy nestled inside without a broken screen! The video quality of the screen is great. I am testing it with a quick standard def. Version of Cloverfield. Now the day of work can't get over soon enough so that I can get home and let the real work begin :)

Sent from an unknown destination from my droid using teh intarnetz via tapatalk!

Muttz

Oct 5, 2010
My experience with Merimobiles. Pretty much the same as the rest of you. I kind of got into it with Philip and this nonsense they pull off over shipping. I don't know if he thinks that we are stupid and none of us talk to each other or what. I posted a rather nasty review on their site because I couldn't get a proper tracking number. Anything to do with shipping is removed. Basically, I was lied to about the shipment of my Witstech and I called him on it.

Sept 20 Ordered the Witstech, spare battery and gps. Was told that the order would be shipped within 2-3 days.

Sept 25 Requested a tracking number. Was given a number and told that the order was shipped.

Sept 29 Called DHL and gave them the number that I was given on Sept. 25. DHL said that it wasn't one of their numbers. Contacted live support at Merimobiles. Was told that package has definitely shipped. Was promised that they would call DHL and get the proper tracking number.

Sept 30 Posted a negative review on the site when I still didn't have my tracking number by 11 at night. It was removed, along with another one complaining about shipping. I was told that it was for product reviews, not shipping. I was then accused of posting things that were not true. He claimed that I ordered on Sept. 22, not the 20th and had paid for 5-8 days shipping when in fact I had paid for 3-5 days shipping. He claimed to be right on time!

I sent a reply and corrected him. I apologized for calling him a liar. I explained that people like Merimobiles, but are frustrated with the BS that is going on over the shipping. The order was then shipped and I received it on Mon Oct. 4.

I would not hesitate to order from this company. Out of everyone in China/Hong Kong, I think that they are your best bet. Just don't count on getting it during the advertised time. You will eventually get your order. They have a good reputation for service. I have confidence that I will have no problem if I need to return my tablet. Shipping is their downfall and I hope that they get their act together. I would like to see them do well. So many of the Chinese companies take your money and never ship your order, or won't replace defective units.

singsong

Sep 22, 2010
Finally I managed to send back my broken A81E to merimobiles.
Shipping I had to spend another 30 euro.
Philip has assured me that just over a week of holiday in China (today), I would send a new A81E. Why aspect which I communicate a new tracking number.
I can only hope

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
So October 6th has come and today is the 7th. The Chinese holiday is over. So has anyone received any updates of their orders yet? Or do we have to hunt customer support down ourselves and hound them of our orders?

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Been 24 hours since I emailed support and of course no reply. Why am I not suprised? I think its time to demand a refund. Merimobiles, you terribly fail.

*Correction, i've finally received an email 50 hours later, stating my G10 has been mailed. Now waiting 1-2 days for a tracking number. (keeping fingers crossed for the correct number)

Last edited:

singsong

Sep 22, 2010
Been 24 hours since I emailed support and of course no reply. Why am I not suprised? I think its time to demand a refund. Merimobiles, you terribly fail.

*Correction, i've finally received an email 50 hours later, stating my G10 has been mailed. Now waiting 1-2 days for a tracking number. (keeping fingers crossed for the correct number)

I'm still waiting, not arrived yet no communication.

oelewapperke

Oct 12, 2010
Ordered an E7002 in the beginning of last week. I have received some mails about a billing issue : payment went through, but they sent me a document that asked for copies of my creditcard and id card.

Meanwhile received another mail about the holiday on friday and how a free 8 gb card would be included, since then they're incommunicado.

It's now been 5 days, no replies, no shipment, no tracking number, no nothing.

From reading this forum, I get the impression this sort of experience is the norm at merimobiles. It feels better now that I've been able to vent a little bit.

But it seems the conclusion is simple : merimobiles.com : DON'T BUY !!!

Radek

Oct 6, 2010
I had buy a Apad E7001, it worked well two months, but then died.
Contact merimobiles and they told me to send the apad, i had to assume the money for shipping.
The tracking service says delivered the 10 of september, since the i emailed merimobile several times and allways get the same answer, we will check.
I am very disapointed with them.

Oct 17, 2010
Well .. Philip promised to leave an account of my purchase with it. I first bought the e7001 model that uses the Android 1.5 and when I called the first time he burned the damn ... That's because after I discovered that besides the amount of freight that I paid for the purchase had to pay more due to my location ... I think philip deveira have checked this and not charged me more later.

then I thought ... I spent $ 230 and will not have my tablet ... I spent over $ 30 to send back the damaged e7001 and so we said we did not want the e7001, but the model E7002.

The Philip wrapped me three weeks and did not send me the codes for tracking all the time and then finally got my tablet, more than one month later.

I would not say merimobiles.com is bad, but they are wrapped for delivery and send the tracking codes, so do not expect speed in delivery.

Also, check out the freight, because with the failure of previous tablet and taxes, my tablet came out for $ 290.

see'ya

Radek

Oct 6, 2010
I can't believe it, they still say that don't get my broken APAD.
Hope to get the confirmation soon from the post office (they send my the receip by letter) so i coul probe to Merimobiles that what trackin system says its true.

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
I can't believe it, they still say that don't get my broken APAD.
Hope to get the confirmation soon from the post office (they send my the receip by letter) so i coul probe to Merimobiles that what trackin system says its true.
Mine took about 2 weeks to arrive back in China so there definitely is a delay. Thankfully I had my tracking number and checked frequently. I have some feeling that they'll argue with me that they haven't gotten it because they haven't given me much indication that they've mailed a new one out - let alone given me a new tracking number.