Merimobiles.com

Radek

Oct 6, 2010
Mine took about 2 weeks to arrive back in China so there definitely is a delay. Thankfully I had my tracking number and checked frequently. I have some feeling that they'll argue with me that they haven't gotten it because they haven't given me much indication that they've mailed a new one out - let alone given me a new tracking number.

Sent from my T-Mobile G1 using Tapatalk
Mine is marked as delivered since september ten, thats about six weeks and the post office confirmed to me that the package was picked up by someone.
I don't know what to do.

gunner13

Oct 19, 2010
Well, at the risk of sounding like a shill for Merimobiles, my experience with them was great. Philip was very helpful in aiding me in the choice of a tablet, and my A81E kicks butt. It arrived in a reasonable amount of time as well. I would definitely buy from them again, and I appreciate the support Philip has given me every step of the way. That's MY experience with Merimobiles, take it for what it's worth.

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Mine is marked as delivered since september ten, thats about six weeks and the post office confirmed to me that the package was picked up by someone.
I don't know what to do.
If you have confirmed proof that someone has picked up the package, i think you should work on steps to get a refund. As long as you sent it to the same exact address as they (Merimobiles) told you, then you should be fine for good evidence of a refund. I would consider this as a serious issue and wouldn't wait too long either.

Sep 20, 2010
In reponse to

***STAY AWAY FROM MERIMOBILES***** (from personal experience)

Finally, i have received a working tablet (reviews to come). My order was placed on September 2nd, and in the end i ended up spending around $260 USD for this whole Merimobiles fiasco - and keep in mind that the same device is now $169. Oh, plus they had sent me an 8GB microSD card as "compensation" but the stupid card doesn't even read on the numerous devices i have tried it on. I haven't even mentioned to ask what "compensation" would be given to me after i had to pay $35 USD to have my defective APAD shipped back to China.

Finally, i'll say this over and over if i have to to prevent people from going through high anticipation, frustration, wasteful spending, and wasting time emailing back and forth ( i had about 25 emails sent to customer support about this issue). PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM MERIMOBILES. I had an awful, awful experience, pretty much ruining my first Android tablet experience.

ANSWER: First of all I understand that you are a newbie, which is ok, but the prices of electronics do drop unexpectedly and we will always adjust prices like any other website. We ship Kingston 8GB memory cards, if the card failed send it back we will replace it, but there is a way to use a memory card on an android tablet, make sure to format it first and use a proper file manager to check the operation of the memory card. In the even there is a defect, we have a return policy: Help: Answer

Im sorry to hear you were not happy with the experience, but we did our best and will always give our 100% to satisfy the customer. Your experience does not represent the reality of the experience people have with us. In fact we have a huge amount of customers, a very high percentage are satisfied with the service they get from us, most are. We always give our 100% unfortunately things will happen, but we are quick to resolve any issue. Im in charge of the support emails and I personally answer alot of them and I reply every single day, most answers are answered within hours that they are received, if there is a high volume of emails some will take up to 24hours or 48hours in a case of a huge amount of emails, which is normal in the online business. In fact I had some customers ask me if I ever sleep as there emails were getting answered so quickly. So your experience really does not reflect the reality of how things go when you buy from us.

There has been a time when there was a holiday time delay, there was mistakes made on my part where i underestimated the time it would take to get the orders out in time to our customers. Compensations were given, and i do apologize to anybody who was affected by that, we learned from the experience but its now been over a month, so lets move on. We appreciate all your comments negative or positive, as to us they are all positives, as we use your feedback to improve the service.

There has been some people claiming they received non working or false tracking numbers. There is no such thing as a false tracking number. There is a thing called many people do not want to read instructions. When we give the tracking numbers, is when the package just got shipped and there is a place on the website (show 4 different times to the customer) to make sure its read, explaning that the package has to be tracked as a reference. Which many people did not care to read the explanation and do so. I can take any tracking number, track it as a reference and 2 days after its shipped it will show up in the DHL tracking system. Now we have stopped doing so and we will only give the tracking numbers once the tracking is updated in the system to avoid people saying that its a fake tracking number when its fact its not. There is not 1 package that we failed to deliver to a customer unless there was an address issue or the package was returned. And that will not change.

Now you are also claiming that you sent us a package and it was delivered on September 10. Fact of the matter is, its in our best interest to repair/replace and return any product that was sent back to us, and as long as we receive the package we will always do so. But im sure most of you will agree, If we dont receive a package, 1. how are we supposed to get it fixed and return it....

All in All your experience does not reflect the reality, we have a huge amount of customers and a very high number of orders, we always give our 100% to the customer, but its inevitable that here and there things are bound to happen and they will, the important thing is how the seller reacts. And I can say with confident that i know we react fast and always with the customers interest in mind. And we do have a return policy like any other store that has to be respected, we offer compensations that most store would never offer.

Im registered on most android forums and read all the reviews, I can say that the very few complaining members (compare to the high amount of customers we have) that complain will most of the time only tell a part of the story to there advantage and to vent but once things are settled and for example they received there order faster than they expected, they will not take the time to edit there stories. I can say so as I also order from many online shops and i do post my experiences on forums.

For sure the good stories rarely get posted which is normal for any business, but i have to say your experience does not reflect the reality of the experience our customers get, and im sure we did our best to resolve your situation.

We take the time to answer the threads as we care for our customers and truly went to help this community grow.
If there is anything else feel free to contact us either by email, by phone , or on the online chat

thank you

Philip

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
I actually am defending myself in this instance. I have posted updates and have had a resolved post on here. But, when it comes to incorrect/false tracking, I was given one well before my order had shipped.

*this an abridged version of conversation with phillip, will gladly forward the full if anyone wants it.
[email protected] to me
show details Sep 22
Hi 7390329391
dhl.com eta tuesday
thanks

Philip
www.merimobiles.com

I understand you do try your best, and we do thank you for addressing issues in this thread. But, saying that incorrect tracking/reference numbers were not given is completely false. I have updated this thread with a screen shot of the incorrect tracking/reference number and email stating the number!

Sent from an unknown destination from my droid using teh intarnetz via tapatalk!

Last edited:

rosfan

Oct 16, 2010
I receive faulty unit MID. The MID can not turn on (Power ON). I charge the MID battery until full but still can not turn ON.
Return back to merimobile. Request for REPLACEMENT.
BUT merimobile reluctant to do that.

Receive the order on 12 Oct 2010. email merimobile about the problem and tried recomendation from meromobile but with not success.
Return the MID on 16 Oct 2010.
Until NOW 29 Oct 2010, I do not know when I can get the MID.

This is my first experience with merimobile.

rosfan

Oct 16, 2010
I receive faulty unit MID. The MID can not turn on (Power ON). I charge the MID battery until full but still can not turn ON.
Return back to merimobile. Request for REPLACEMENT.
BUT merimobile reluctant to do that.

Receive the order on 12 Oct 2010. email merimobile about the problem and tried recomendation from meromobile but with not success.
Return the MID on 16 Oct 2010.
Until NOW 29 Oct 2010, I do not know when I can get the MID.

This is my first experience with merimobile.

I got message from merimobile;
[FONT='PrimaSans BT,Verdana,sans-serif']"ok I will arrange to send out a replacement on monday, i apologize if i misunderstood you the first time"

Hopefully.. I will receive the MID next week.

[/FONT]

jakester

Oct 28, 2010
I ordered my MID from Merimobiles and had no problems. I ordered it during the Chinese National Holiday and was told that it wouldn't ship until the holiday was over and that they would include a free SD card because of the delay. They emailed me saying the unit was shipped as promised the monday after the holiday - i think it was 10/8 and i recieved it on 10/15. the only "problem" that i had is that I never recieved tracking information. I called them on the 15 to find out where I need to go to get the tracking info and they emailed me back that the unit was delivered that morning. Sure enough it was at my home when I got home from work with the bonus mini sd card. I did have a couple of questions on how to download items and Philip was quick to answer and try to help. I am very satisfied with merimobiles and would go with them again.

that is my story. One of the reason that I chose Merimobiles even though some of the people might have had problems, it seems that most of the issues are with customs and shipping and some times miscommunications but each time it looks like Philip tries to work it out. I bet it is much easier working with him than with a chinese company rep or someone on ebay who is just dropshipping.

Chucant

Oct 11, 2010
Ok. Philip...let me take this opportunity to ask you a question. I have called your office number times but never got a response. How long would it take to get the Herotab M10 delivered to me in Chicago if I order it today? Thanks
Herotab M10 Android 2.2 Flash 10.1 1GHz A8 CPU Capacitive Multitouch
clear1x1.gif

anduser

Nov 1, 2010
I got a reply from them. They said the will definitely ship on November 15 (It's preorder now).

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
Its been almost four days after emailing Phillip/customer support about the status of my shipment. No word yet - sigh. The saga continues...

A few more days of this and i'll be forced to take action by going into my bank and working on a refund somehow.

Last edited:

Rustynail09

Aug 24, 2010
Doesn't he reply to emails within 24-48 hrs??

Sent from an unknown destination from my droid using teh intarnetz via tapatalk!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I cannot speak for others, I have dealt with Merimobiles on two different orders. In all cases, my from support (Phillip) responses have been prompt (next business day) and courteous. I had one device failed within the first month. This was handled well. The only real issue is cost for return to China. That really does add to the cost of one of my tablets.
Dealing with Merimobiles for me has been like any international transaction. I remain professional and courteous. I received the same. IAMDESTRUKTOR has not had the luck I did.
This is not a shill for merimobiles. I want to give everyone an understanding. Some things go well. Some things go horrible. For every poor transaction, there may be 20. I do not want this to become a snarking about Merimobiles. Just state your experience and base it on actual situation. Fair questions are valid.

iamdestruktor

Aug 31, 2010
I cannot speak for others, I have dealt with Merimobiles on two different orders. In all cases, my from support (Phillip) responses have been prompt (next business day) and courteous. I had one device failed within the first month. This was handled well. The only real issue is cost for return to China. That really does add to the cost of one of my tablets.
Dealing with Merimobiles for me has been like any international transaction. I remain professional and courteous. I received the same. IAMDESTRUKTOR has not had the luck I did.
This is not a shill for merimobiles. I want to give everyone an understanding. Some things go well. Some things go horrible. For every poor transaction, there may be 20. I do not want this to become a snarking about Merimobiles. Just state your experience and base it on actual situation. Fair questions are valid.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm glad it turned out well for both your orders. I'm just hoping that since i've stuck it out with Merimobiles this long, the long wait and patience will be worth it!