Merimobiles.com

uzna

Oct 9, 2010
>> So anyone bought anything lately?? Looking at a tab in januand Merimobiles was my first choice....[/QUOTE]ry a

I bought recently. Waiting for a parcel from day to day. EMS shipping.
Payment 20.11.2010, get tracking 26.10.2010.
Merimobiles was my first choice too =)

ULTRAMAN1

Dec 2, 2010
Ordered last Sat. and tracking says it is in my State of Pa. this morning so I should see it today or Monday, and when I emailed them I get fast return emails from Phillip or Oliver, will repy again once it is delivered and how it was packaged and if I get the X5A instead of the RK7 (I ordered the RK7 but then changed my mind and wanted the X5A and both Philip and Oliver said they would ship the X5A instead).

flip3547

Dec 7, 2010
I ordered on tuesday, 7th, and was told today on the phone, it was processed and was shipping out today. I should be recieving the tablet at the end of next week according to that phone call. I ordered the Wopad WR701Rockchip 600MHz android 2.1 Capacitive Multitouch. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

ULTRAMAN1

Dec 2, 2010
My was being delivered today but Merimobile didn't use the ship to address I told them to, instead it tried to ship to my house and no one is home so now I paid extra to have it there today and have to wait till Monday, when I really needed it today for a birthday party tomorrow, plus I'm never home during the day so and live far away from anyone else and don't want anyone to just leave it on my porch with the cold days and robber's now I may never get it, just when it seemed like I was going to be one of the only ones to say that Merimobiles did something good they screwed me too, now I will be with no present at my nephews birthday party.

ULTRAMAN1

Dec 2, 2010
Good news I got my X5A yesterday thank you Philip and Oliver at Merimobiles for switching my order from the RK7, its really fast out of the box, having trouble with it going into sleep mode in just a couple of minutes and then I cannot get out of that screen without shutting it down, the WIFI was easy to set up and the Market place was easy to get on and install apps, so far a great buy, came with a free rubber keyboard which is great, my son likes the ESPN and NBA apps.

So I will recommend Merimobile's fast shipping and so far great product for the price, only problem was not getting my ship to correct, minor since I now have it.

ULTRAMAN1

Dec 2, 2010
I just got my MIDX5A from Merimobiles in one week from ordering it, Philip and Oliver will answer any question you have, great CS, its fast and was packed really good, would order from them again.

microb238

Dec 17, 2010
I recently got my Herotab, it worked for a couple of hours and then died. Merrimobiles support tried to help but in the end I need to send it back. My question, how is everyone sending things back? My cost to have tracking via USPS was close to $100. Merrimobiles website said they would cross ship if you provide a tracking number or a picture of courier receipt. Not sure what this means. Do you think I can send priority mail with a certificate of mailing and just take a picture of that?

Mimi

Dec 17, 2010
My order and delivery experience with merimobiles was very good. I placed my order and according to their shipping times, received it in a timely manner. I have had some trouble getting in contact with them for support help though. I keep getting their voice mail.

cbarnesro

Dec 23, 2010
Just to add my experience. So far so good. Ordered on Dec. 16. Delivered Dec 22. Based on the feedback here and the shipment information I was not expecting it so soon. The website at merimobiles still shows that the order is processing as I sit here using it.

Hopefully I will not have any issues with the device and this will be a positive all experience all around.

Cassie7

Jan 7, 2011
I think my experience with them is turning into a nightmare and I haven't received my item yet. On Dec 26, I was getting ready to place my order. Their site said orders are processed within 1-3 business days. Great! I proceeded to place my order. After clicking the final submit order button, I was informed that orders placed on Dec 26 could take up to 6 business days. I was a bit peeved that I wasn't informed of this delay before submitting my order but I sighed and accepted the delay since I know it's the busy holiday season. And it's my bad that I didn't realize that the following Friday and Monday were not considered business days since they were closed for New Years. So their 6 business days tallied up to 10 full days. And they dropped the item price $20 since I placed my order. Ok, I can live with all this. It finally ships and I'm given a tracking number. To my surprise, the package is being shipped from Hong Kong and not Canada. Before I order from anywhere, I check the location of the merchant as this weighs heavily on my decision to purchase. I suck it up and I tracked the package right up to "attempted delivery, no one at the residence" in "Greensboro, NC". Funny because I live in TN. I used my home address as both my billing and shipping address. Never was there any mention of a NC address. (This was yesterday). I emailed Merimobiles last night at 8PM. And I also emailed DHL. I'm still waiting to hear from either of them. (it's about 9AM here now). It's now been 12 days since I placed (and paid for) my order and I have no idea if or when I'll get it, where it's being shipped to or, (from what I've read) what condition it will arrive in. Wish me luck folks. I'll keep you posted.

ETA: It's 11:30AM here and still no response from Merimobiles or DHL. Just checked DHL tracking and my package is once again on the local delivery truck in Greensboro, NC for a residential delivery hundreds of miles from my shipping location. SIGH Yet another day burned and wasted. If Merimobiles doesn't get back to me today, I'll probably have to wait until Monday before getting this ridiculous problem sorted out.

ETA: It's 2:25 PM, after phoning DHL an hour ago, they phoned backed and said the package would be here in about an hour. Still no email response from Merimobiles though. We'll see.

Last edited:

ving

Dec 20, 2010
ordered a wopad from them just before xmas. my experience is mixed: good/bad/funny... mostly good

the good: package arrived on 28th which considering xmas was good timing IMO AND they threw in a free flexible keyboard! they also responded well to an email about tracking (hadnt recieved my number)

the bad: I also have to admit that although my wopad arrived in working order the packaging was very sub-standard and i feel lucky to have received a working item.

the funny: I received my tracking number a week and a half after the item arrived! LOL... should I email them to say i look forward to receiving another one? :p

omydanie

Jan 6, 2011
Going through the process of returning a defective wopad to them at the moment. cant say they are efficient at replying email, neither are they helpful with answering all of my questions in my emails. seems like they only answer the question they choose to.

Cassie7

Jan 7, 2011
Yeah, they're slow at responding to emails, and didn't respond at all to some. But on the upside, I got my tab yesterday. It turned out that DHL closed local terminals near me and it was literally driven across state lines to my door. So there was no fluck-up with my shipping addy after all. But Merimobiles never took the time to answer my email to let me know that all was well. I had to sweat it out. Merimobiles ways of doing things is confusing at best but I think they are basically honest dealers (if you abide by "a lie by omission is not a lie"). They should be up-front about how they drop-ship from Hong Kong on some of their products and inform you of possible shipping delays BEFORE you click the 'submit order' button. And they can definitely improve on their customer support. But other than that, I think they're ok. But in the future, I'll look to other vendors before ordering from them again.

ETA: The free flexible keyboard I got with my order (got it free if you ordered between Nov and Dec) isn't working properly but I can't be bothered with dealing with Merimobiles again.

Last edited:

whtelght29

Jan 10, 2011
I ordered a Herotab on 12/16 and I still have not received it or been given any type of tracking information. Hopefully I'm still going to receive it.