Micro SD card info

Beckabee1981

Feb 23, 2012
I will be receiving my Le Pan II on Monday, but wanted to pick up some stuff for it over the weekend.
What class micro sd card should I get?
I read the Targus Truss for HP Touchpad is the best fitting case, any other suggestions?
How about screen protectors?

Thanks in advance!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Go for a class 4 or 6 SD card. Any higher than that (i.e. class 10) won't really make a difference. There is a whole thread about cases.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
As my friend JP said. "Go for a class 4 or 6 SD card." I use class 4 and watch videos and movies on my tablet without a problem. Also, you're likely to encounter micro sd cards and micro sd HC cards, both work just fine.

exscentric

Nov 25, 2010
I and others had some problems getting the 970 to update from a class 4. I tried to update with the card that came with it and it would not work, moved it to a 6 and all was well. Others did fine with the 4 so ????

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
I and others had some problems getting the 970 to update from a class 4. I tried to update with the card that came with it and it would not work, moved it to a 6 and all was well. Others did fine with the 4 so ????

Sandisk cards are the best - they always work for me. My Patriot 'Class 10' (ha! not!) card will not work at all for firmware loading. My Sandisk 2 GB Class 6 and 8 GB Class 4 ones both work fine.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I used a Patriot class 4 to flash my NC and for all my ClockworkMod & Titanium backups and recoveries without a problem.

yann2

Jan 24, 2012
The Le Pan tablets are very picky with SD cards for firmware install - it's pretty common to see the 'Firmware File is BAD!!' message, accompanied by a red bug picture, scaring users off. :p

The original, le pan provided, 2 GB cards are good - they always seem to work for that.