Micro SD card issues

Total Newbie

Apr 5, 2011
Thank goodness the FlyTouch has TWO micro card slots ... I think.

I got the first card stuck (think I put it in wrong) and never could get it out. No matter I thought, I have a 2nd slot! Well I finally got a 2nd card for it. At first it said it was defective and I should reformat it. Reformatting on the pad didn't work, but I remembered reading something about that on the forum. Yup, after reformatting on the computer the pad now 'sees' it just fine. But now for the BAD NEWS - the apps that needed the SD card in the first place still don't see it! : ( Are they looking at the first slot? (the broken one?) Is there any way to set the pad to use the 2nd slot as the default?

Help!

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I think that it will read the first slot as default no matter what. It is hard wired in the PAD. What you CAN do is open the tablet and then push the micro sd card out.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

toomuch

May 21, 2011
The 1st slot is the only one that the tablet can read and write to, the other slot is read only, basically used for storing files that don't need write access such as music and videos.
You will need to get the card out of the 1st slot, best way is using tweezers, very gently wiggle it loose, try not to touch and you the contacts insite oh and make sure your unit is powered OFF before you try this.
Again be very careful, do NOT force it out, you will break something, be patient and wiggle it around until it dislodges.
Good luck and of course I cannot be responsible if you fail, it's only advice but it worked for me!

Appychappy

Jan 24, 2011
I had this problem but in the other slot. Get a bright torch and look in both slots and see if there is any difference. If not the card is not in there. You may have pushed it between the female plug and the shell not in the slot. In which case leave it there. not worth the hassle of dismantling.

johnnyo1943

Aug 21, 2011
I also had a problem I think what happened the card went under the socket i destroyed my socket looking for it. I can not use a tf for upgrade have to use usb connected to computer. If I had any luck it would be bad luck as I bricked my wife's pad by flashing the wrong file. So to make a long story short I bought a HP touch for the same price I paid for my pad .