Micro SD card STUCK ! Install photos anyone?

Total Newbie

Apr 5, 2011
I got a new pad a couple days ago.

I am soooo pleased I ended up getting it from Amazon rather than China. (another story)
I got it quickly, it works, is in English, the screen was calibrated and it even had Android market and other useful apps already installed. Yahoo ! Never having had so much as a smart phone, it's taking a bit to figure it out - but all in all, I love it.

Only problem is that I immediately managed to get the Micro Card I purchased for it stuck !! Not good. : ( The slot says TF, but I've read that Micro Card is the same thing. It didn't seem to go in very well, though I did hear a 'click' - which is pretty much the extent of what there was for install instructions. -sigh- Now it neither sees the card, nor can I get it out! Luckily it has a 2nd slot, but I have been hesitant to attempt to but a card in that one for fear that I did the other one 'wrong'.

While I can get by with one slot - I would sure hate to ruin BOTH !

I tried looking for video or photos showing card install but didn't have any luck. Maybe someone could take a couple clear shots for me?? Pretty please? : )

I tried seeing if I could grab the other one with tweezers, but can barely even see it. Am hesitant to poke something in there that could damage the whole unit. Ideas?

Thanks!
linda in NH

popparussell

Apr 7, 2011
Don,t feel bad,my new one ate the card also.it is still in there.I am going to pop the plugs on the sides Android split the case to seeif there is a socket there.

Total Newbie

Apr 5, 2011
Thanks for your reply Pop ! Glad I'm not the only one. I will be curious as to how you make out, though I have no intention of trying to take MINE apart !! It has 2 slots, I figure I can live without one - heck, the ipad doesn't have any. : ) It's possible that the slot was defective, but I'd hate to pay to send it back only to find that the slot was fine and I messed it up. It didn't SEEM like rocket science but ...

Most of the stuff I've wanted to do so far didn't need a card, but I'd like to get the Audible app so I can listen to my books on it but that does require a one.

Best of luck!
linda in NH

Apr 26, 2011
Thanks for your reply Pop ! Glad I'm not the only one. I will be curious as to how you make out, though I have no intention of trying to take MINE apart !! It has 2 slots, I figure I can live without one - heck, the ipad doesn't have any. : ) It's possible that the slot was defective, but I'd hate to pay to send it back only to find that the slot was fine and I messed it up. It didn't SEEM like rocket science but ...

Most of the stuff I've wanted to do so far didn't need a card, but I'd like to get the Audible app so I can listen to my books on it but that does require a one.

Best of luck!
linda in NH

Two micro-SD card slots... Do you have a Flytouch 2 or 3?

I don't know why but the angle feed into these tablets need to be just right or you miss the card receiver. Your card is probably sitting inside the case. If it's left there it will someday shift and may short out something.

Contact your seller and ask for assistance.

The mis-alignment of the case with the SD slot is a warranty problem. Most of these warranties are for a year. Although it would be a pain if you had to send all the way back to China. See if they know of someone in-country (I have no idea where you call home) that could do the job.

Total Newbie

Apr 5, 2011
Hi Raymond,

Thanks so much for your response. I believe it is a Flytouch 2.

I've had it about a month, so if the warranty period is a year I might be OK. I don't feel quite so dumb now knowing that the case alignment is a known problem. Luckily I DIDN'T get it from China as that would definitely not be worth the aggravation. I'd still be tempted to just make due with having one slot, though don't like the thought of something shorting out.

I have not yet purchased a 2nd card, hopefully I'll at least install the 2nd one correctly, and that THAT side doesn't want to spit the thing back out !!

Thanks,
linda in NH

Apr 26, 2011
Your welcome! It's good to hear that you got it domestically and I hope they can help.

But, perhaps I should back-peddle. The card missing the receiver is apparently not that common. But yes it happens. I made my comments based on seeing other threads with similar complaints and personal experience with my generic Flytouch 1. I had successfully inserted and ejected the micro-SD card 8 to 10 times before it got lost inside. [etc... etc..]

The Flytouch 2 & 3 models look great. Having the USB and Ethernet plugs on the edge rather then on a plug-in dongle looks a lot easier to deal with.
However, it's always a pain to have something go wrong.

Since I have an Electronics repair background I'm less apt to have followed the advice I just gave you till viewing it in hindsight. (I should have done THAT and I know better. But I have so much fun taking things apart and putting them together again.)

I hope that your next experience is better.
Rob H