Micro SD Cards

Ajax

May 21, 2011
Hello all, I just had to ask. Does anyone know if most tablets will take any class micro sd card?

fatmanwalking

Mar 26, 2011
Hello all, I just had to ask. Does anyone know if most tablets will take any class micro sd card?

To be on the safe side, I'd use at minimum class four card.

I learned this the hard way on my 1Ghz cpu tablet. Slower tablets with 600 Mhz cpus might be able to use the slower 2gb cards without class designations. But even my now departed Sylvania Express Tablet started having problems with the slower card.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I've been using class 4 cards and haven't had any problem with them.

Ajax

May 21, 2011
Oh shoot, see I didn't want to use time(LAZY) haha, now I have to search around :p.

Edit: ...

beastman

May 8, 2011
You're welcome. Sometimes they offer free shipping. I very seldom buy them local... only when I need it now. They seem to have a better selection than amazon. I thought everyone knew about www.newegg.com.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

Ajax

May 21, 2011
I didn't know lol. What micros sd card brand do you have? Does it work well?

Dwane Dibley

May 29, 2011
Hi guys, I am looking to buy a tablet for my wife. I have read that the file allocation tables for the android have changed on 2.2 from 2.1. What I would like some help understanding is that as the micro sd cards usually come formatted with fat 32, do the tablets read from these?

Thanks guys

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Fat32 is pretty much the standard and the tablets read them just fine.

beastman

May 8, 2011
I have a 32gb the class 4 kenningston that I got from www.newegg.com and it works excellent. I have an a-data 16gb class 6 in my Evo and it works excellent.

I suggest at least a class 4.

Sent from my GTablet using Android Tablet Forum

Dwane Dibley

May 29, 2011
Hi guys, thanks for the reply. Wasn't sure. I know it works in the android phone. I have a class 10 32 GB micro SD that I got from ebay for $49.99. I am told that the higher the class the better for playing movies and games.