micro SD PITA

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
So a week ago I had to do a factory reset, and it erased my microSD as well. Now I'm having issues getting my computer to format it. It keeps saying unable to format card. It worked once, but then was taking FOREVER to put movies on it. It was stuck at 19 minutes remaining for like 30 minutes. So I just stopped the function and took the card out. Now it won't even let me format. Thoughts?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Replace it.
Try a different computer. Try a linux computer.
Make sure this Isn't one of those cards that have a security switch on the side that prevents writing.

Why did you have to do a factory reset? Is it possible this card was bad all along? Factory reset should not change anything on the external_sd.

Reese1ar

Jul 6, 2011
I tried using PDANET tablet and it mucked up my proxy settings and I couldn't change them back without doing a full reset since I'm not rooted. I think the card is toast. I tried formatting it in my phone with no success.

It couldn't have been bad all along because it was working and I had 8 movies on it. NEMO player was working fine with it, then after the reset I went to watch a movie and there was nothing on the card. I reformatted and then had the stuck transferring data issue. I force closed it and removed the card, but I bet it still had some power going to it and it corrupted the card. Oh well.

Okay, very strange. Tried to format it in my camera. It didn't work. Then I optioned to do a low level format and that DID work. Then I went to reformat on the computer and then it DIDN'T work. Ugh.

Last edited: