microphone volume

brianroe

Sep 21, 2011
Apologies i know this is the a500 forum but am aware of someone having the same problem on the a500 as i have on the a100 :-this is the dtails of my support call to acer (support its a joke)

Mukunda Kumar K C: Hi, my name is Mukunda Kumar K C. How may I help you?
Mukunda Kumar K C: By validating the serial number, I can see that your tablet PC is in warranty; I will do my best to assist you with this concern today.
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, could you brief the issue?
brian roebuck: the microphone volume is very low making videos unusable as you cant hear what they are saying
Mukunda Kumar K C: I definitely know that this would be frustrating. I can understand how you feel. I regret for any inconvenience.

brian roebuck: is there anything i can do to improve it
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, how long have you been experiencing this issue?

brian roebuck: only bought it 3 days ago i returned to the shop and they kindly tried another and that was the same
Mukunda Kumar K C: Is the earlier one has the same microphone low sound issue?
Mukunda Kumar K C: Are you with me?
brian roebuck: yes both mine and one tried in the shop have low volume on recording
Mukunda Kumar K C: Thank you for providing the details.
Mukunda Kumar K C: May I place you on hold for two minutes while I get some information for you?
brian roebuck: ok
Mukunda Kumar K C: Thank you.
Mukunda Kumar K C: Thank you for being on hold. I appreciate your patience.
brian roebuck: a search on the internet found someone who suggests this has only been a problem since the rollout of android 3.2
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, have you checked the link below
Mukunda Kumar K C:
chat_hyperlink.png
Acer Support: Invalid URL
brian roebuck: one moment
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, sure.
Mukunda Kumar K C: There is no issue reported as low microphone volume in A100.
brian roebuck: the link you sent me is not about my problem
Mukunda Kumar K C: Yes. You are correct.
Mukunda Kumar K C: I am sorry to inform you that this is not a known issue for A100.
Mukunda Kumar K C: You can try a factory reset to fix the issue.
brian roebuck: can you flag it up for me
Mukunda Kumar K C: Sure.
Mukunda Kumar K C: I will.
Mukunda Kumar K C: I will surely forward your feedback to the concerned team. Your feedback is appreciated and is helpful in developing a good product and support for our valuable users.

brian roebuck: a factory reset will not fix it as i explained the shop tried another brand new one and it was the same
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, yes. I understand your concern.
brian roebuck: i await a fix i am very annoyed as i want to use this for skype calls and cant due to the loow volume
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, may I confirm that you have tried a factory reset earlier to fix the issue?
brian roebuck: yes it doesnt correct the fault
brian roebuck: will i get a email if there is a fix
Mukunda Kumar K C: Did you checked with other recording android applications?
Mukunda Kumar K C: *Did you check with other recording android applications?
brian roebuck: yes tried the large iconia tablet
brian roebuck: that was ok
Mukunda Kumar K C: I mean the different applications for recording.
brian roebuck: yes
Mukunda Kumar K C: Do not worry.
Mukunda Kumar K C: If that is the case, I will escalate this issue to our level 2 team.
brian roebuck: thanks
Mukunda Kumar K C: May I place you on hold for three minutes while I check with our level 2 team now?
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, thank you for being on hold. I appreciate your patience.
Mukunda Kumar K C: I have checked with the level 2 support team and confirmed that the microphone shipped with A100 was a low quality one.
brian roebuck: well what can we do about it then
Mukunda Kumar K C: That is the reason it has a low sound while recording it.
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, no need to worry.
Mukunda Kumar K C: We will soon come with a good resolution for this issue.
brian roebuck: ok thanks for your time
Mukunda Kumar K C: You have been very co-operative. I really appreciate your time.
Mukunda Kumar K C: I have provided you the best option available.
Mukunda Kumar K C: To conclude I have provided the necessary details and this should help you fix the issue. If there are no additional questions on this topic, I will close the chat session.
Mukunda Kumar K C: It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for using Acer Live Chat. Feel free to chat again anytime and have a great day.

miked

Jul 31, 2011
I wonder if this is in fact a hc 3.2 version issue. I am having the same problem on a different tablet.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

mmz

May 12, 2012
Check out the link below for fixing this in 10 seconds,

Meeke The Writer: Acer Iconia Tab A500 Low Microphone Volume Easy Fix

http://acer.custhelp.com/euf/rightnow/optimized/1316468885/themes/standard/images/chat_hyperlink.png[/IMG] Acer Support: Invalid URL
brian roebuck: one moment
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, sure.
Mukunda Kumar K C: There is no issue reported as low microphone volume in A100.
brian roebuck: the link you sent me is not about my problem
Mukunda Kumar K C: Yes. You are correct.
Mukunda Kumar K C: I am sorry to inform you that this is not a known issue for A100.
Mukunda Kumar K C: You can try a factory reset to fix the issue.
brian roebuck: can you flag it up for me
Mukunda Kumar K C: I will.
Mukunda Kumar K C: I will surely forward your feedback to the concerned team. Your feedback is appreciated and is helpful in developing a good product and support for our valuable users.

brian roebuck: a factory reset will not fix it as i explained the shop tried another brand new one and it was the same
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, yes. I understand your concern.
brian roebuck: i await a fix i am very annoyed as i want to use this for skype calls and cant due to the loow volume
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, may I confirm that you have tried a factory reset earlier to fix the issue?
brian roebuck: yes it doesnt correct the fault
brian roebuck: will i get a email if there is a fix
Mukunda Kumar K C: Did you checked with other recording android applications?
Mukunda Kumar K C: *Did you check with other recording android applications?
brian roebuck: yes tried the large iconia tablet
brian roebuck: that was ok
Mukunda Kumar K C: I mean the different applications for recording.
brian roebuck: yes
Mukunda Kumar K C: Do not worry.
Mukunda Kumar K C: If that is the case, I will escalate this issue to our level 2 team.
brian roebuck: thanks
Mukunda Kumar K C: May I place you on hold for three minutes while I check with our level 2 team now?
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, thank you for being on hold. I appreciate your patience.
Mukunda Kumar K C: I have checked with the level 2 support team and confirmed that the microphone shipped with A100 was a low quality one.
brian roebuck: well what can we do about it then
Mukunda Kumar K C: That is the reason it has a low sound while recording it.
Mukunda Kumar K C: Brian, no need to worry.
Mukunda Kumar K C: We will soon come with a good resolution for this issue.
brian roebuck: ok thanks for your time
Mukunda Kumar K C: You have been very co-operative. I really appreciate your time.
Mukunda Kumar K C: I have provided you the best option available.
Mukunda Kumar K C: To conclude I have provided the necessary details and this should help you fix the issue. If there are no additional questions on this topic, I will close the chat session.
Mukunda Kumar K C: It was a pleasure working with you. Thank you for using Acer Live Chat. Feel free to chat again anytime and have a great day.