Microsd Reader

GS300

Mar 22, 2012
New owner of an ASUS Slider tablet has a question. The manual identifies the SD slot as a microsd reader. Does this mean exactly that? IOW, can the tablet only read from cards inserted here and not also write to them?

GS300

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
I guess I would have labled it a Microsd slot.

I would too, but they're not the only ones. I have a gizmo plugged into my PC that will read and write to 43 different cards and they call it a "Multi-Card Reader". BTW If/when you go out to get a msd card, be sure to get at least a class 4 card. The class is printed on the card and denotes the speed of the card in MB/s. If a card is not labeled, it's a class 2 and you don't want it. They come in even numbers from 2 to 10 and a class 4 is fast enough for whatever you're doing on a tablet. I watch videos and movies on class 4 without a problem. Also, msd and msd HC both work fine. Enjoy your Slider and the forum!:cool:

GS300

Mar 22, 2012
I would too, but they're not the only ones. I have a gizmo plugged into my PC that will read and write to 43 different cards and they call it a "Multi-Card Reader". BTW If/when you go out to get a msd card, be sure to get at least a class 4 card. The class is printed on the card and denotes the speed of the card in MB/s. If a card is not labeled, it's a class 2 and you don't want it. They come in even numbers from 2 to 10 and a class 4 is fast enough for whatever you're doing on a tablet. I watch videos and movies on class 4 without a problem. Also, msd and msd HC both work fine. Enjoy your Slider and the forum!:cool:

Thanks for the heads up. I was doing that research but stopped when I couldn't get a handle on the first question. I guess I am just a very literal user.

GS300