MicroSD Video Files (not playing on tablet)

Lacville94

Dec 7, 2011
I'm new to this forum and tablets in general. I just bought the Vizio Vtab1008 less than a week ago after doing extensive research. for my needs and the price, nothing could really beat the Vtab1008.

I just ran into a problem I was hoping could be solved. I have downloaded digital copies of movies in .wmv format and put loaded them onto my microSD card, however the videos will NOT play on the tablet. they won't play in the gallery or on any video player i have downloaded from the market.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

- B.

JoelWUpchurch

Nov 30, 2011
I find that the MX Video Player will play wmv files, but the audio gets totally out of sync with the video. I get much better results with Divx files.

Lacville94

Dec 7, 2011
thanks. MX player is the app i just d/l but it still won't play my videos. the screen goes black, does the loading icon.........then nothing, goes right back to the menu. frusterating.

am_fm_radio

Nov 8, 2011
.avi files work great... there is a free file converter out on the internet....I ran across it using Windoze 7 Ultimate - Media Center with .MKV files. I did find a codex that allows playing the files without converting them.

I would recommend one that you can download from cnet.com I trust that site...so do many professionals.

Oct 10, 2011
Don't blame the SD card. WMV and WMA files were developed by Microsoft for use with Windows Media Player and are often loaded down with DRM copy protection. Also, every update to Media Player also seems to bring an update of the codecs. Stick to AVI, MP4 and MP3 for headache-free media experience.

Lacville94

Dec 7, 2011
Thanks for the suggestions.

Is there any way to convert the WMA files to a different format that will play the movies?

The vizio site says that the vtab1008 will play .wma files but it appears it won't. I've downloaded my free digital copies of movies ive bought to .wma (only real choice besides itunes and i don't own an apple device).

would dowloading the movie digital copy in itunes format help? arent they .mp4 format?

any suggestions?

Thanks again for the help!

stocksj

Nov 22, 2011
HAve you tried mounting your sd card in the settings? Also, look in the Android market and a player or find SW that converts the .wmv to mpeg.

FanNo301

Oct 15, 2011
I am reading from you to translate every video/audio file to avi. Does that work?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum