MID 1024 internal memory and bootstrap

brunori

Jan 19, 2012
When instaling GingerLF evo CFW, I saw something like "128 MB NAND UPGRADING" and after that "4GB internal SDCard UPGRADING".
Whais is that "128 NAND"? What´s in there?
What happens when I turn on my tablet with the home bottom pressed? Does this 128 MB internal NAND is allways readed? Or the bootstrap process ignores everything but the external SDCard?

Thx in advance.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
All Kyros have NAND (built-in flash memory in the same board as CPU) that holds the bootloader (x024 tablets use u-boot). 1024 as well as 7024 and 8024 also have an internal microSD that is used for both cache anda data partition, and also as "sdcard". Newer CFWs are bigger then the available space in NAND (only 128MB in x024 tablets), so they also copy system files to the microSD.

It's possible to boot the tablet using the external microSD, as long as it has a compatible u-boot or a modded update script that will boot another system instead. All this is documented elsewhere in the forum.

brunori

Jan 19, 2012
So can I assume that when powering on holding the home the internal U-boot is ignored (as is the entire NAND and internal MicroSD), been all the startup processe ruled by the external microSD?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
If and only if you have a properly built SD card in the external slot.

merl

Feb 8, 2012
All Kyros have NAND (built-in flash memory in the same board as CPU) that holds the bootloader (x024 tablets use u-boot). 1024 as well as 7024 and 8024 also have an internal microSD that is used for both cache anda data partition, and also as "sdcard". Newer CFWs are bigger then the available space in NAND (only 128MB in x024 tablets), so they also copy system files to the microSD.

It's possible to boot the tablet using the external microSD, as long as it has a compatible u-boot or a modded update script that will boot another system instead. All this is documented elsewhere in the forum.

Can the internal SD card be replaced?
I have a MID1024 and I have managed to screw it up by trying to replace the internal SD card with a 16GB one.
I am able to get it booted up and running with an external SD card running GingerbreadLF 1.5 but when I go to Settings/Storage settings, Nand memory, Total space=Unavailable, Available space=Unavailabe. Internal storage, Availabe space=420MB.

hpdc

Mar 19, 2012
All Kyros have NAND (built-in flash memory in the same board as CPU) that holds the bootloader (x024 tablets use u-boot). 1024 as well as 7024 and 8024 also have an internal microSD that is used for both cache anda data partition, and also as "sdcard". ...

Please let me know, is it correct the MID 1126 showing in "Nand Settings" that "Total space=Unavailable, Available space=Unavailable" and prompt to "Mount Nand" or "Erase Nand"?