Mid 1126

alkmie

Oct 19, 2012
I did the steps in the video to get google play.... Install recovery then install coby_gapps.zip it worked fine on the 1125 but when I tried it on the 1126 it installed but after I register I get "Server error" Retry. Retrying doesnt help

Any Ideas?

I reset to factory to try again but google play was still there after the reset

Any Ideas on how to uninstall google play?

Last edited:

alkmie

Oct 19, 2012
*Update will I just spent a couple of hours learning how to use adb to flash my coby back to the stock rom and guess whos there waiting for me after reboot... a broken google play.

How is it that google play as become part of my factory reset (also super user) I though a wipe ment a wipe but google play refuses to be removed... I dont get it at all best I can do is hide it for not I guess

I would love to hear any ideas

*Edit just an idea but if I flashed into ICS then flashed back to GB would google play be gone? would google play be gone if I flashed into ICS period? While im pissing in the wind is it worth it to upgrade to ICS or JB... I also saw a custom rom from the 1126 at KTZ forums but I think they are charging for it... is it any good?

Last edited:

essjayar

Dec 17, 2011
I'm finding the last Jellybean rom from coby for the 1126 (green demon 13) works pretty well, with good wifi, apps2sd, root (flashing the superuser etc) and clockworkmod all fine. Add links2sd (which I believe works) to get make the most of your sd space and the tablet seems to have a new lease of life :) I used the "coby gapps" file for the play store. No problems? Plenty of info at the proboards site Coby Kyros Free Roms - Login -- 1125 tutorials are fine.

Play is normally stored in the system rom so I'm guessing wipes will remove it. If you really wanted most root backup tools should copy it.

alkmie

Oct 19, 2012
I'm finding the last Jellybean rom from coby for the 1126 (green demon 13) works pretty well, with good wifi, apps2sd, root (flashing the superuser etc) and clockworkmod all fine. Add links2sd (which I believe works) to get make the most of your sd space and the tablet seems to have a new lease of life :) I used the "coby gapps" file for the play store. No problems? Plenty of info at the proboards site Coby Kyros Free Roms - Login -- 1125 tutorials are fine.

Play is normally stored in the system rom so I'm guessing wipes will remove it. If you really wanted most root backup tools should copy it.

Strangely enough wiping does not delete google play (nor superuser) but does wipe everything else

I can rename the file phonesky.apk (I think thats the name its has the google play icon) and it does remove the icon from my list of installed apps I dont think this actually uninstalls it tho

I'm probably going to upgrade to JB and see if that changes anything

Also did u just straight install coby gapps or did you install the old andriod market frist? I had a coby 1125 and when I install old market then coby gapps google play worked find but on the 1126 I installed start to coby gapps and got the server error

*edit renaming or deleting phonesky and then factory reseting will delete google play

Last edited: