MID 7015 Lock/Require password on Startup

Elfen

Jan 15, 2011
Hi,

I set the pattern to lock the 7015, but it doesn't lock on startup only when coming back from standby. How do you fix this?

Thanks!

Pollydroid

Jan 13, 2011
My 7015a tablet does the same. I think if you want it to lock (which I haven't tried) on start up, then set a visable password not a pattern in your location& security settings

Elfen

Jan 15, 2011
My 7015a tablet does the same. I think if you want it to lock (which I haven't tried) on start up, then set a visable password not a pattern in your location& security settings

Thanks for your help. Does anyone know how to set a password? I can only set a pattern.

Thanks!

Elfen

Jan 15, 2011
Come on, someone must know if it's possible to set a password. Yes or no. If yes, how do you do it? Or can you set the pattern to activate on start up?

Thanks!

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Should be in the location and security settings. It's part of the submenu where you set up the pattern lock. You choose what type of password you want there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Elfen

Jan 15, 2011
Thanks for your help, but can someone give me step by step instructions. I must be an idiot because I can't find it. I can only set a pattern or change it.

Beeeeeeeeer

Jan 21, 2011
I have not been able to get it to work either, which is a big problem so i do not store any passwords or sensitive data on it.

Elfen

Jan 15, 2011
I have not been able to get it to work either, which is a big problem so i do not store any passwords or sensitive data on it.

Exactly, your data is not safe with this useless pattern security. Why even have the pattern at all?

Beeeeeeeeer

Jan 21, 2011
From what little I have ready out there, you can get an app lock app to protect yourself app by app, which sounds like a pain. It also sounds like 2.2+ has some new tools for this so if l_n gets the kernal, he may be able to build it into watery in the future.