MID 7024 Teardown

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
Well since I bricked my 7024, I figured I would be the first to take a look under the hood.
As we suspected the sd card is not welded in.

IMAG0128.jpg

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
Haven't tried yet, though I got the back off with out breaking anything, though I did scuff up the edges, but that's to be expected when you use a screwdriver.. The tabs where it looks like it opens don't work, I ended up taking a small flat tip and pryed up on the external sd card slot gently and it popped open, after that there are spaces about every half inch, where you can pop it open all the way around.

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
All that it is currently showing is what you would expect to find on an external sd card.

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
Seems the sd card is partitioned 2.92 is fat32 sooo I am guessing the other partition is ext4.

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
One thing I noticed the SD card was supposed to be 4 gig but system.apk was only reporting 3 gig usable. Wonder if there is a hidden partition on there?

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
It is partitioned, the second partition being ext4 I am looking at the dev/sdb2,3,4

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
Well for some reason I think part of the core files got erased, since no one has the image I placed the hero tab firmware update onto it, I finally got it to boot into system update, and it booted into the hero tab firmware.

edit: as said before soft keys don't work, home button might work I can't get past the initial setup. So I need to locate it on the sd card, but the touch does work .

Last edited:

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
Still trying to get past the initial setup, of the c8 firmware, I can't find where its located so I can just delete the stupid thing..

edit: Well I managed to get the firmware from the MIDA816 to boot, but everything force closes :D. woohoo for some progress.

Last edited:

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
I'm not home now but from what I remember comparing the 7024 FW to the C8 setup on the 7024 defaulted to no in one of the init scripts where on the C8 it was set to yes or optional. Might look into the C8 FW for the setup command and shut it off. What FW's are you trying to do this with. There are several for the C8. I have one for the MID816 that actually looks to small.

mudknot2005

Apr 7, 2011
Well currently I have flashed the newest FW for the C8,A816 (including gingerbread). C8 seems like it would work as it doesn't force close everything soon as it boots up like the A816, but I can't find how to deactivate the initial setup, so I end up getting stuck at "touch the android to continue" it registers you touching it and you can select a language. From that screen I can't seem to get anywhere, I don't know the actual name of the process. If I did I could easily use:

adb shell sp
adb shell kill (process id)

I will have to take a look at the scripts here in a little bit and see if I can stop the initial set up.