MID 7206 Questions...New

sp12345

Jan 13, 2012
I just bought a MID 7206 Android tablet.

First off, I can't get WiFi to connect. I searched and see it's a big issue with these, have I missed a fix for it?

Secondly, how can I connect to the internet with a cable? It included a small ethernet/USB plug, but when I plug a cable in it won't connect, ideas?

Last, if I put a USB drive or something into one of the USB ports on the adapter, will I be able to extract items off that USB device? If so, where will it pull the menu up?

That's it for now. Thanks!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
7206? Are you sure it's a Coby tablet? I haven't heard of this model so far...

sp12345

Jan 13, 2012
I may have mis-typed it. Any fixes for that model?

I answered my USB stick question and last night it randomly connected to WiFi and worked great for a few minutes than quit again to it's on/off/on/off thing.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Some wifi routers don't work well with tablets, you may want to upgrade router's firmware if there is one and/or try using a different router to make sure it's not a problem with the tablet. Try WPA/WPA2 PSK security with an 8 digit password and no security at all (for testing purposes only, of course).

vmard

Feb 13, 2012
I recently purchased the same tablet: Android model 7206 with version 2.3.3. I also have a small ethernet/USB plus but it is not recognized. I wish I knew what type of "plug" this has...there is nothing in the meager user manual. It is not a USB; it is very small and about 1/2 inch wide.
Anyone have any ideas?