MID 9740 Reboots Suddenly

AndreIbi

Nov 30, 2013
I have a mid 9740 almost new, i bought it a few months ago, at beginning it went well but after a few days it start to reboot by no apparently reason. For these reason i've rooted my tablet and the flashed cm9 in order to fix the problem but it doesnt fix anything , it keeps rebooting randomly and i dont know what to do, please help me.

Sorry for bad english, im venezuelan!

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You can try factory reset, if that doesn't work might be a hardware problem.

AndreIbi

Nov 30, 2013
Is normal that when I power on the tablet it shows coby's logo twice, I already did factory reset and it does'n work, it could be a firmware problem? i mean the stock firmware because it came with the problem from factory.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
You flashed cm9 which replaces stock firmware, if problem was firmware then cm9 would have fixed it.
But even with different firmware you have same problem, most likely hardware problem.

paulwalter824

Oct 17, 2013
mine does the same thing, it did it when it was new and after i rooted it and installed CM9 it will even reboot just laying on the table not being used sometimes
I find if I watch how many apps I have on it and make sure I close all unused apps it seems to be better .
I think it is Bad memory in ram and if I have too much in background it resets randomly
but I can do most things on my phone so I just use the tablet when I want a bigger screen and I go into app manager and kill everything i can and just open what i want to run and it works ok